Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition
By Paragon Technologie GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, Eleventh Edition contains over 225,000 definitions. It is the perfect portable resource for teachers, students, writers, and word lovers everywhere.
• Dictionary database contains over 90,000 entries.
• Download one of available sound modules to enjoy wider language study capabilities.
Search and Input features:
• The new Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently.
∙ Enter a query into the input field and dictionary will automatically build a list of entries containing your query, increasing the probability of finding the right definition.
∙ Find precise word definitions containing a number of usage examples.
∙ Because Full text search supports the Morphology module and ‘Did you mean…?’ function, users can be sure that virtually all search queries can be found regardless of misspelling or incorrect word form.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions copy words to the clipboard to get definition.
• Contextual menu (Browsing, Morphology Module).
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers (Settings -> Sound modules).
• Improved browsing capabilities through word list and Search History.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Search for anagrams.
• iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c support.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
Merriam Webster joined the Open Dictionary API Alliance, a unique resource providing the access to premium dictionary content for all members of the Alliance. Join us at http://dictionary-api.org and enjoy the opportunity to enrich your apps with a high quality and trusted source of reference from the world’s famous publishers.
Merriam-Webster Inc. acquired the rights to revise and publish Noah Webster’s dictionaries in 1843. Since then, Merriam-Webster has maintained an ongoing commitment to innovation, scholarship, and love of language. Each Merriam-Webster dictionary is the product of extensive research and painstaking writing and editing conducted by the largest group of full-time lexicographers in North America. Today, the company continues as the leader in language reference publishing with bestselling reference books and electronic references, popular Web sites and a range of licensed products.
What's New in Version 3.35
• App icons updated
• Dictionary databases updated
• Improved iOS 7 performance
Sadly I wasted all this $$$
Makes me almost want to cry after I purchases this dictionary from this developer. I hate it! I bought both the dictionary and thesaurus... I recommend buying it from the actual company and not a bootleg!
Waste of money
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 04, 2013
- Version: 3.35
- Size: 57.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paragon Technologie GmbH
- © 2014 Paragon Software Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.