Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: Please delete and reinstall app when upgrading to iOS 7 if you face app crashes in iOS 7.
MeshRemote is a universal iOS application. MeshRemote, when running on a compatible iOS device, allows you to remote control the iPod music library on another compatible iOS device when that device is also running MeshRemote and is paired with the device acting as a remote controller. This app along with its companion app in Mac Appstore allows you to remote control the music library on a iOS device from a Mac. The companion
Mac app can be downloaded from the Mac Appstore
An overview of the app is given below. Refer to user guide in the app support website for more details about the app
The following configurations are possible
- Device A can control music library on Device B
- Device A and Device B can control the music library on Device C at the same time
- Device A can control the music library in Device B and vice versa at the same time
The following operations are possible from the device acting as a remote controller.
-View items related to the currently playing item and choose to play an item in that list. If you are playing an album, this list will be the items in your album. Refer to the user guide for more info.
The following elements of the music library in the controlled device is visible in the remote controller
-Album art of currently playing/paused item
-Items related to the currently playing item. Refer to User Guide for more details
The app supports portrait and upside down portrait.
- iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad running iOS 4.3 or above
- Wi-Fi network
- Network which allows UDP broadcasts on a port specified in the MeshRemote app settings. This
port is user configurable.
- A Mac running MeshRemote app(can be downloaded from Mac Appstore) if remote control functionality from a Mac is required
- smart playlists may not work as expected if they are dynamic like "Recently played", "Top Rated" etc
-You cannot remote control items from home sharing library in the controlled device
-You cannot have the system music player (iPod music player) connected to a home sharing library and running in the background in the controlled device when MeshRemote is running. Remote control function will not work as expected in this case.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Search results can now be played
- UI aesthetic enhancements
- A companion app is available in the Mac App Store which will allow remote control of music library of an iOS device from a Mac
works well, improvements could be made
it would be nice if the iPod could be locked and the screen off and the app still running. Right now I have to leave my iPod unlocked and the screen on, which drains batteries unnecessarily. I want to be able to control which song is playing on my iPod through my iPod as well as through my macbook. If i'm near my iPod and not my mac, I don't want to have to walk back to my macbook to change the song for the same reason as I bought this app in the first place. The aesthetics of the app could be greatly improved. The "now playing" screen showing the album art of the song playing needs work. The controls at the bottom should all be the same size and centered. It would be nice to be able to see the progress of the song playing and know how much is left etc. It's an easy app to use and works well though.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 13, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: rajmohan lokanath
- © 2011 MirageApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.