By Oklahoma Mesonet
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hello Oklahomans! The Mesonet app brings a host of Oklahoma weather information right to your phone, including data from the award-winning Oklahoma Mesonet, forecasts, radar and severe weather advisories. Get fast access to the same info that the experts use!
- Get live weather observations from 120 Mesonet weather stations across the state.
- Use your iPhone's built-in GPS to determine the closest weather station to your location.
- Check out 5-day forecasts for 120 locations across Oklahoma, updated every hour with the latest National Weather Service products.
- Access maps of air temperature, rainfall, winds, dew point, humidity, soil temperature, soil moisture, pressure, solar radiation, satellite, and upper air.
- View advisories for severe weather, fire weather, flooding, high wind, heat, winter storms, frost/freeze, ice, snow, and visibility.
- Animate live NEXRAD radar data from the Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Frederick, Enid, and other radars surrounding Oklahoma.
- Read the Mesonet Ticker news feeds.
The Oklahoma Mesonet is a joint project of Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Map Favorites can now be re-ordered.
- URL Cache Error dialog issues resolved.
- Indicators for when forecast & local data are loading.
Try landscape mode and get more local data.
Best OK Weather App
The Mesonet App is hands down the best OK Weather App for serious weather junkies. We take meteorology seriously in Oklahoma. Fortunately, the Oklahoma Climatological Survey's Mesonet App provides all the fresh, raw data one could desire, including up-to-the minute weather advisories.
Be sure to check out the app's Ticker section, too. State Climatologist Gary McManus injects his personal brand of humor into the highly informative Mesonet weather ticker, which I've found on several occasions to be more accurate (and entertaining) than most other sources.
Horrible radar ruins app
The radar on this thing is awful, I'm not sure why they ever changed it. It is impossible to distinguish what is the actual weather system and what is the gray static on the map even if you adjust the transparency. Very disappointing. The maps are decent though.
Only reason its not 5 stars is on the advisories page everything is red. Need to color code the different advisories. Other than that l see nothing wrong here
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jan 12, 2015
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Oklahoma Mesonet
- © Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.