With Messenger Kids...
Parents Have More Control
* Parents approve every contact, so kids can chat in a safer, more controlled environment.
* Parents can remove any contact at any time
* Parents can use sleep mode to set times when their child cannot use the app.
* Messages don't disappear and can't be hidden in case parents would like to check in.
* There are no ads or in-app purchases, and the app is free to download.
Kids Have More Fun
* Kid-appropriate stickers, GIFs, frames and emojis help kids creatively express themselves.
* One-on-one or group video calls come to life with fun, interactive masks.
* The feature-filled camera lets kids create videos and decorate photos to share with loved ones.
Works with Messenger
* Parents and parent-approved adults chat with kids through Messenger.
* Works on all tablets and smartphones.
* No phone number is needed - you only need Wi-Fi.
Made Safer for Kids
* Creating a Messenger Kids account for a child does not create a Facebook account for them.
* Parents and guardians use their own Facebook accounts to create a Messenger Kids account for their child.
* Kids have the option to report or block contacts and report inappropriate content. If a child submits a report, their parent or guardian will be notified.
* We're always working to improve Messenger Kids. If you'd like to share any feedback with us or for more information, visit messengerkids.com.
Thank you for using Messenger Kids! We are continuously updating and improving the app to make it an even better experience for kids and their families.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app so much!! The effects are so much fun!! I am military kid and I had made really good friends and it was pretty hard to move away from them. It feels awesome to be able to call them without having to use my mom's tablet and account. Only one thing that was not entirely good about it, I can't voice call my friends. Because I moved, we have different time zones, sometimes it's a little late for my friend and we used to voice call, but now that we can't I have to turn off my camera and I can't call her as if I were using a real phone, I have to either plug in my earbuds or just keep her on speaker phone and it gets a little anoyying. I really really love this app, but that would just make it a bit better. Also, when I am in a different app, my friends can't see me and I can't see them. If that could change, that would be awesome. Also, this is to people who think that this app is bad for kids, I am 11 and I go outside for hours everyday and I still get in touch with my friends almost every day! I highly recommend this app to kids 4+ especially military, because I know from experience that it cab be heartbreaking to move away from friends and this gives them a chance to stay in touch with them and family!
Contacts list parents can see is faulty
First of all, it’s not easy figuring out how to delete contacts or add new ones once you have finished initial set up. When I finally figured it out (I had to google it, after I tried downloading the app directly onto my phone to see it I could access parental controls that way), finding out that you access this control from you Facebook account, the contact lists for my two kids were not showing all their contacts. I know this because there were a few relatives I was specifically looking for to delete (not for bad reasons on their part, but just because my kids were bugging them a lot), and they show up on the app for my kids, but not for me to delete from my end.
I had to go out of the parental controls for each of my kids and then back in again several times and each time a new contact that previously had not shown up, showed up. It’s really weird. And even still on one of my kids accounts, from my end, it says she does not have her dad as a contact, but I know she does as she messages him all the time on there. This issue needs to be fixed ASAP!
Please read this ❤️😍💝😘😻💐🌸🌷🌼🌹🌻🌺💫⭐️🌟✨🌈💜💞🧡🖤💓💛💗💚💖💙💕
I saw someone say that this is dangerous for kids and I am 9, my mom does contacts for only family. My mom didn’t let me get in contact with people I don’t know because that is dangerous. I love talking with family and I was always trying to find a way to contact family without a home phone because we don’t have a home phone anymore and now I can contact family without a home phone, with this app... it’s even better than using a home phone cause now I can video call and send pictures and videos and text them. I have this one family member who was hard to get in contact with because on the phone it kept breaking up and sometimes even ended the call and now I don’t need to worry about that because I can easily message her. I think it’s the best messaging app, better than messenger in my opinion because in messenger, people can get in contact with you like strangers but in this strangers cannot get to you so thanks for making this app for kids.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 275.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Indonesian, Spanish, Thai, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Facebook
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.