With Messenger Kids...
Parents Have More Control
* Parents approve every contact, so kids can chat in a safer, more controlled environment.
* Parents can remove any contact at any time
* Parents can use sleep mode to set times when their child cannot use the app.
* Messages don't disappear and can't be hidden in case parents would like to check in.
* There are no ads or in-app purchases, and the app is free to download.
Kids Have More Fun
* Kid-appropriate stickers, GIFs, frames and emojis help kids creatively express themselves.
* One-on-one or group video calls come to life with fun, interactive masks.
* The feature-filled camera lets kids create videos and decorate photos to share with loved ones.
Works with Messenger
* Parents and parent-approved adults chat with kids through Messenger.
* Works on all tablets and smartphones.
* No phone number is needed - you only need Wi-Fi.
Made Safer for Kids
* Creating a Messenger Kids account for a child does not create a Facebook account for them.
* Parents and guardians use their own Facebook accounts to create a Messenger Kids account for their child.
* Kids have the option to report or block contacts and report inappropriate content. If a child submits a report, their parent or guardian will be notified.
* We're always working to improve Messenger Kids. If you'd like to share any feedback with us or for more information, visit messengerkids.com.
Thank you for using Messenger Kids! We'll be continuously updating and improving the app to make it an even better experience for kids and their families.
- This version includes several bug fixes and new interactive gameplay.
Ratings and Reviews
This is Great!
I don’t use this app very much because I am a teenager and already have texting, but my little sister does! She is 11, and her friends have it too. In our family, we don’t get phones until later, but my sister has an iPad, and she and her friends video call for 30 minuets on Saturdays. Plus, this is the only way I can contact her when I am away or at sports events. Once I went to New York with my mom on my 13th birthday for the week, and I texted her every night before bed!
People say this is a bad app for kids, but this app is awesome. It has times you can set if you don’t want your kids texting at certain times so it will turn it off, and it alerts you when your kid is texting so you can moderate your kid’s electronics time. It also helps kids contact friends from far away, and some kids have tough family situations (ei. foster kids or divorced parents) and it helps them stay in contact or sometimes simply “remember to pick me up!”
My sister and I (despite what people say about kids not remembering the times they cherished being on a tablet) have had a lot of funny moments on here too even on busy days where I have volleyball games and math tutoring and all that stuff! This app is awesome.
I love this app so much!! The effects are so much fun!! I am military kid and I had made really good friends and it was pretty hard to move away from them. It feels awesome to be able to call them without having to use my mom's tablet and account. Only one thing that was not entirely good about it, I can't voice call my friends. Because I moved, we have different time zones, sometimes it's a little late for my friend and we used to voice call, but now that we can't I have to turn off my camera and I can't call her as if I were using a real phone, I have to either plug in my earbuds or just keep her on speaker phone and it gets a little anoyying. I really really love this app, but that would just make it a bit better. Also, when I am in a different app, my friends can't see me and I can't see them. If that could change, that would be awesome. Also, this is to people who think that this app is bad for kids, I am 11 and I go outside for hours everyday and I still get in touch with my friends almost every day! I highly recommend this app to kids 4+ especially military, because I know from experience that it cab be heartbreaking to move away from friends and this gives them a chance to stay in touch with them and family!
Please read this ❤️😍💝😘😻💐🌸🌷🌼🌹🌻🌺💫⭐️🌟✨🌈💜💞🧡🖤💓💛💗💚💖💙💕
I saw someone say that this is dangerous for kids and I am 9, my mom does contacts for only family. My mom didn’t let me get in contact with people I don’t know because that is dangerous. I love talking with family and I was always trying to find a way to contact family without a home phone because we don’t have a home phone anymore and now I can contact family without a home phone, with this app... it’s even better than using a home phone cause now I can video call and send pictures and videos and text them. I have this one family member who was hard to get in contact with because on the phone it kept breaking up and sometimes even ended the call and now I don’t need to worry about that because I can easily message her. I think it’s the best messaging app, better than messenger in my opinion because in messenger, people can get in contact with you like strangers but in this strangers cannot get to you so thanks for making this app for kids.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 266.9 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Indonesian, Spanish, Thai, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Facebook
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.