By Facebook, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Parents Have More Control
• Parents fully control the contact list making it a safer, more controlled environment of just close friends and family.
• Messages don't disappear and can't be hidden in case parents would like to check in.
• There are no ads or in-app purchases, and the app is free to download.
Kids Have More Fun
• Kid-appropriate stickers, GIFs, frames and emojis help kids creatively express themselves.
• One-on-one or group video calls come to life with fun, interactive masks.
• The feature-filled camera lets kids create videos and decorate photos to share with loved ones.
It's Easy to Use
• Works on iPad, iPod touch and iPhone on the go or just using a Wi-Fi connection. No phone number is needed.
• Parents and approved grown-ups can connect from their Messenger app wherever it's installed.
• Creating a Messenger Kids account for a child does not create a Facebook account for them.
• Parents and guardians use their own Facebook accounts to authorize their kids' Messenger Kids accounts.
• Parents control their child’s contact list and can remove contacts at any time.
• Kids have the option to report or block contacts and report inappropriate content. If a child submits a report, their parent or guardian will be notified.
• We're always working to improve Messenger Kids. If you'd like to share any feedback with us or for more information, visit messengerkids.com.
You are just doing it wrong
Why would you not leave the children alone? Let them experience others physically in real life. Isn’t it right to let the kid interact with the world around, smell, touch, and make memories for the journey of a lifetime? Instead of affecting the kid’s mind at the age they are most vulnerable and make the next generation more dependent on texting and being remote? You are just doing it wrong.
I know, it makes scenes, I want money too, no really I do understand, I don’t blame you for reaching out to get more “hit” on your apps, but please leave the children out of it and maybe, just maybe, their parents are not yet lost their senses to let their kids get addicted to texting, even if they will eventually, but I am wishing some joyful experience for all the kids, enough real memories for them to carry through their entire unreal and digital life.
I ask parents, would you like your children remember texting when they were kids? Or swimming, running, smelling air and... because let me tell you this, this device you are holding will be dominant and will cover all the other memories when they look back.
Why on earth would kids need a messenger app? I downloaded it and checked it out and it seems pretty cool and safe for them, but I mean why do they need to have this? If anything you guys at Facebook should be making better apps for the grownups. I’ve requested an actual FB Lite or at least messenger Lite app for iPhone users and get nothing. That “Friendly” for Facebook app is good, but not good enough. I have an iPhone SE, so it’s not an old or low quality phone, but it does only have 16GB of storage and just the Facebook app alone takes up WAY too much space, add in Messenger and basically all my storage for other things is filled up. Please consider making those “Lite” versions for all phones and stop wasting time on silly apps for kids. Or at least take the size of the already existing apps and cut them way back.
I love this app
I like this app because it is like the best thing ever because it is like kids first social media app and I think it’s super safe because your parents have to sign in with their Facebook account and I think they can see everything you do
- Category: Social Networking
- Released: Dec 04, 2017
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 223 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © 2017 Facebook
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.