* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
The brand new, redesigned Messenger app is now easier to use, simpler to navigate and more fun.
Messenger has been simplified into three tabs—People, Chat and Explore.
-Chat tab lets you quickly access all your messages (1:1 and groups), video chat, call, use the camera and even catch up on friends' Stories.
-People tab helps you find friends, both new and old.
-Explore tab connects you to your favorite brands, find discounts, play games and more in explore.
Plus, new color gradients make your chat more colorful too!
Ratings and Reviews
Stop with the notification setting
Look, the app does what it’s supposed to do. It’s a platform for contacting my FB friends and it does that just fine. Hence the two stars. However, with every single other app I own, you can opt out of notifications just once and never get asked again. I don’t like unnecessary notifications clogging up my phone all day long. I don’t want messenger notifications. EVERY TIME I log into the app, a pop up reminder comes up reminding me that my notifications are off and prompting me to turn them on. Even when I dismiss this alert, there’s a notification (little red circle with a number one in it) next to my photo on the app that is also a reminder to turn on my notifications. The red circle never goes away. And now just this week I’ve started getting an alert in red at the top of my messenger inbox letting me know that my notifications are not on. I find all of this very annoying and over the top. This issue in and of itself makes me want to delete the app. If I don’t want notifications then leave me alone! Why is it so important to this app that it’s forcing me to get notifications? Someone turn this off for goodness sakes.
This App is horrible.
As in the title, this app has a lot of bugs and it lacks many necessary features. I am only using it because it’s it connects me to my Facebook contacts, if it was an independent texting application, i would have never used it. Why when you add someone to a group, they can read every previous message? Why you can’t delete a message that you have sent (deleting it for the other person)? Why going offline (aka turning off chat) still shows you as “active now” but only with the green dot disappearing, so you are basically telling people “Hey, this person doesn’t want to chat with you”? Why does the video call button starts glowing when both you and the other person are opening the chat tab (so i might be reading an old message and the other person would think that i am stalking)? What about the profile picture bug? If someone (me or my friends) changes their Facebook profile picture, it won’t changes in messenger 99% of the times. Also when going to check pictures in an conversation, they might not load or load slowly. What about the “active 1 minute ago”? It appears always except if i turn the internet off in my device.
All those previous bugs, “features” and other lack of features make the app just horrible. Hope that you fix those bugs and remove those “features” and add other necessary ones.
Messenger is crap
I’m giving it a one star because I can’t get rid of zero stars. This messenger app is very faulty all it does is crash and go out when you try to touch screen the app you have to hit it about five or six times and then it will finally Connect but even when it does connect before you can even look at the messages you have it will just go out again no warning just goes out I have tried all types of troubleshooting including deleting the app and then download it again deleting and downloading again over and over Facebook makes it so you have to use messenger otherwise you can’t get any messages or send any messages to anybody you would think the least they can do is make sure that this app does I have all these glitches in them. I’m really disgusted with it I hope they fix the darn thing otherwise a lot of people are going to be just dropping off of Facebook like flies because this really does bite the big one. It is very very frustrating hopefully other people are having the problem will write a review as well then maybe will get something done I’ve already been on several forums and they all are complaining about the same thing
- Facebook, Inc.
- 228.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.