* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In this update, you can now see your friends' Messenger Stories right inside your chat thread, and they can see yours, too! Messenger wants you to build better, more meaningful conversations with your friends and family.
Ratings and Reviews
Best messaging app
This is the best and easiest way I can message anyone! I can message, call, FaceTime, see when people are active, etc.! I’ve never had any problems whatsoever. I was just curious about one thing. Sometimes, I’ll be sending a message to someone, even though they’re not active. Here’s what I’m curious about. There’s that little green circle, showing that someone’s active or was active a certain amount of time ago. All the time...when someone was active a certain amount of time ago, it won’t show it until later. For example...I’ve messaged someone around 12:30 P.M. one time. It didn’t have the green circle, saying they were active or active a certain amount of time ago. Then, 20 minutes later (12:50), a green circle popped up on them, saying they were active 50 minutes ago (12:00, which is 30 minutes before I sent them a message). Also, another thing I’m curious about is still with the green light. It won’t show that they’re active when they actually are active. I was just was curious about that. I’m not complaining about this, at least I’m not trying to. I apologize if I am. But, I was curious about it. It’s been happening for a few years. This app definitely deserves 5 stars and above.
I loved messenger when I could choose who and when I wanted to message someone. I’m a singer, so lots of people want to friend me on Facebook so they can follow my posts. Now when I accept a friend request, I’m bombarded with notifications to wave or say hi to my new friend. Also, Facebook is not a dating or hook up site for me. When I accept a friend, I control what they can see for a reason... I don’t want to get personal with them. Now my notification icon blows up with stuff I would get on a dating site.. hey beautiful, you’re so sexy, etc. I hate it!! One night I was cooking dinner for my family and my phone started going off with a weird notification ring I never heard before. My husband picked it up and it was another man calling my phone through messenger! These people don’t have my phone number for a reason. I only give it out to those who need it. Now any random person can call me through the app without having my phone number. Facebook is constantly changing things so I can’t keep up with this type of new feature so I was very surprised This is a great app for cheating on your spouse, if you’re into that. I don’t have time to accept a friend request, then go block every one of them on messenger, especially if I just accepted a bunch of new friends. Now I have hundreds of friend request sitting in notifications all because I don’t have time to follow through blocking them on messenger. Messenger is a Super invasion on my personal life... it was deleted!
Stop with the notification setting
Look, the app does what it’s supposed to do. It’s a platform for contacting my FB friends and it does that just fine. Hence the two stars. However, with every single other app I own, you can opt out of notifications just once and never get asked again. I don’t like unnecessary notifications clogging up my phone all day long. I don’t want messenger notifications. EVERY TIME I log into the app, a pop up reminder comes up reminding me that my notifications are off and prompting me to turn them on. Even when I dismiss this alert, there’s a notification (little red circle with a number one in it) next to my photo on the app that is also a reminder to turn on my notifications. The red circle never goes away. And now just this week I’ve started getting an alert in red at the top of my messenger inbox letting me know that my notifications are not on. I find all of this very annoying and over the top. This issue in and of itself makes me want to delete the app. If I don’t want notifications then leave me alone! Why is it so important to this app that it’s forcing me to get notifications? Someone turn this off for goodness sakes.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 239.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.