By Facebook, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
What's New in Version 147.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. Thanks for using Messenger!
The Facebook app forces you to get this instead of just use the regular messages tab within the Facebook app. It's creation was redundant (what with the previously mentioned already functional messages tab,) inconvenient, and really just a waste of space on my phone, but if you communicate with anyone through Facebook messages, you kind of need it. Even after deleting it, just seeing a little red dot lingering in the corner of the regular Facebook app any time you receive a new message, forces you to either go on your desktop or redownload the app just to check the message. God forbid you turn off notifications for the Messenger app, then a different little red dot refuses to let you forget that “YOU NEED YOUR NOTIFICATIONS ON.” I don’t. That’s why I turned them off. This wasn't revolutionary in design, yet Facebook is constantly pestering you to use it, and honestly whoever thought it up should be fired from the company.
I used to love this app, not anymore.
This is literally the only way I can keep in contact with some people. I used to love this app. Thought it was silly it was a separate app at first, then the updates came. And I grew to love it even more. Then video chat. Then, updates to start competing with SnapChat. I hate that app. I think it’s pointless. Getting updates that mimic other apps started to bother me. Now? Now there’s ads. In my friends list. Ads. Facebook. You make stupid amounts of money each year. You don’t need ads in my friends list. I don’t have unlimited data. So, I might switch to only using Facebook on a computer and deleting the app from my phone. If it wasn’t for the fact I have friends and family I can’t reach otherwise I would have already deleted it and reclaimed the gigs of storage this app is devouring on my phone.
Invite is HELL!
Is there a reason you refuse to give users the option of turning off messenger invite? It REGULARLY AND RANDOMLY AUTOMATICALLY Invites people you’re trying to message even when you DO NOT HIT THE INVITE BUTTON. Please don’t tell me that is not accurate because I know it is. It just happened AGAIN. As soon as I clicked that person’s name it sent the invite. I 1000% sure I DID NOT It’s an inconvenience to say the least. As of today, I’m DELETING the app and no longer using Messenger until this issue is fixed. And by fixed I mean the user has the ability to turn off the invite feature. For the record... if I could, I would give the app a rating of LESS than 1 star.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 13, 2017
- Version: 147.0
- Size: 242 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.