By Facebook, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
What's New in Version 148.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. Thanks for using Messenger!
Not easy to join Facebook in 2018!
I’ve tried to join Facebook a few times this month but each time I do my account gets disabled within a few hours. Which is frustrating because I spend hours setting things up the way I want just to get locked out. It asks me to provide a selfie, which I do, then my account gets completely disabled! I submit an appeal via the online form provided and upload several government IDs. Today my account was turned back on for a few minutes but then it locked me out again asking for yet another selfie. If my experience is like many others I’ve read online, my account will just get disabled again and I’ll have to continue repeating the cycle. I’ve read blogs about people having to upload selfie’s and IDs several times a month! Review process takes days or weeks. Many users have the same issue of being repeatedly locked out, asked to provide selfies, upload IDs, then being disabled. I used to have an account (which I deleted) and I remember being able to use the platform daily for years with never any issues, repeat verifications or interruptions in service. ******There’s something seriously flawed with Facebook‘s (new?) automated security algorithms****** and they make it impossible to talk to an actual human employee. I’m literally just trying to join the platform. It’s a shame that Facebook controls how connected we are with the world. They have a complete monopoly and are now making it very difficult for people to join and keep their accounts.
Worst company service EVER!
Tried to work with Sprint, rude impossible to work with. Unethical practice. Was with this company with coverage issues. We moved and coverage did not exist for the area we were in. As one of the phones we have us our livelihood we were assured the phones were unlocked and could proceed to move to a new carrier. And then the nightmare continues. The phone is still locked after three days. Even after we were told yesterday that is was unlocked. Called again (approximately the tenth time) after hours on the phone with them I’m told the phone is still locked and NOW they want another 72 hours to unlock it. According to their own policy these exceeds their time limit! I have all my receipts and everything documented. I find the company endorses dishonesty and unethical practices.
And get this we reached out to the CEO of Sprint with a response that someone would call the number we provided within 24 hours! And they DID for a split second. My phone started to ring while in my hand and before I could touch the screen, they hung up! AGAIN WORST COMPANY EVER!!!
Facebooks messenger app is a pointless application—everyone already has free text messaging and pays for cell phone service, so why create a new application (for things like virtual yard sale) and ask for permissions to text and call? I find it absolutely absurd that I have to download an app to view messages from a web based platform. (No I DO NOT have the FB app, thank you.). Not only that but the two rarely communicate efficiently. After you check messages in the app, FB profile will still show a messages notification. On top of that every time you use it asks for notifications to be turned on (why? When FB should be notifying you?) and asking for permission for microphone and camera. The app drains battery power when you do have notifications turned on especially in group chats—pinging every time there is a new comment. I’m not sure what a good use for this app is—it should be reintegrated back into Facebook and allow users to check messages from the web based platform.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 10, 2018
- Version: 148.0
- Size: 239 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.