By Facebook, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
What's New in Version 143.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. Thanks for using Messenger!
FFS STOP TRYING TO FORCE ME TO ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS
I get it. You have this cool app and you think that everyone would benefit from using. Let’s not even discuss that you basically forced us into it even though many of us were pretty happy with the Facebook messages as they were. What gets really annoying is installing this and then the application really being insistent that I turn on notifications. This is my mobile phone and I use it for work. The last thing I want is a bunch of pop-ups or buzzes or phone rings just because somebody messaged me in Facebook. Guess what, you are not a chat application, you’re just for Facebook. I don’t want to import all of my contacts in my phone list s stop pestering me about it. And the application doesn’t work too bad. It’s just all the added BS that’s included.
Oh, and by the way, what is this app say for users over four years old? You can’t even get Facebook if you’re 13.
I like it!
There has been a freezing problem and the app isn’t as fluent as it use to be. Whenever I go into the app, it takes sooo long for the app to actually start and refresh before I could actually see my messages. And when it’s done loading everything, it also takes quiet some time for it to go I to the message. Same exact long process of loading happens when o back out and want to to go to other messages in my inbox. So there is a lag issue, or a freezing issue. Sometimes it just doesn’t want to load any of my messages at all and it stays in the refreshing phase. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it and it still happens. Not sure what to do but ask for a fix and or update on this bug.
Terrible app for the amount of money this company has
Loading time is awful. Even while other apps are loading very quickly with more data usage on my phone, this app does not seem to be able to load simple text conversations even after several minutes of waiting. The gif and smiley features are subpar, the archiving is confusing, and if you aren’t friends with the user messaging you, there’s no alert about a received message! Even worse, the VOIP call doesn’t let you adjust the call volume! This app should be the premier messaging platform, but instead it is just a frustration. Shame on you. Your customer base demands more than this hot pile of garbage.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 14, 2017
- Version: 143.0
- Size: 240 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.