By Facebook, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
What's New in Version 146.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. Thanks for using Messenger!
Logout is too difficult and interoperability with facebook has major setbacks
This is my first review ever in my lifetime, and will likely be my last. Facebook&Messenger is that horrible for non-frequent users. I only use the messenger when I need to contact someone not saved on my phone. So a few times a year maybe. For that reason I want the log out process to be easy so I won’t fail in the 10-step process, and continue to appear “active” to others every time I use the connected facebook app, which is the case that deserves another review of its own as one of their many horrible set backs despite being the biggest SNS service.
Each time I use facebook messenger they have updated the app so the logout process I used before has a high chance of not being applicable anymore, which leaves me to scavenge for the latest method.
Any app/service that relies on its annoying opt-out processes instead of improving their service in order to increase their user pool deserves to be ridiculed.
I hate this app. It notifies you incessantly about adding your number or contacts or allowing notifications, none of which I want to do because it’s just a FB chat app to me. IF I WANT TO CONTACT SOMEONE IN MY PHONE CONTACTS I WILL CALL OR TEXT THEM BEING THAT THIS IS ON MY DAGGUM PHONE. It takes too much space up and I already have the Facebook app so why do I have to have a second app? That defeats the purpose of the Facebook app so now sometimes I just delete the FB app and access fb through safari or I download the messenger app and check messages then promptly delete it again after. It’s a hassle. It’s annoying. And I just don’t see the point of having two apps when you could consolidate them into one great one. I liked it the old way and I don’t like being locked out of my personal messages unless I download this app or get on a computer. Ughhhhhhh
Has really become horrible lately
Facebook Messenger has really been pretty horrible lately. It used to be pretty good & I would know, specifically its video feature. I speak with my girlfriend over video chat often & it is really bad. I wish she had an Apple product like an iPod or something so that she could FaceTime with me because this video chat service is just really bad. It has to improve. Too choppy, too glitchy, too freezy, unreliable. I even have a range extender on my Wi-Fi Network + I’m the only one on it & she has the same & we will STILL have issues. It’s really bad & needs to improve. 2.2 rating from me as of the last month. Down from last month’s 2.9 rating.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Dec 06, 2017
- Version: 146.0
- Size: 244 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.