* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
In this update, you can now see your friends' Messenger Stories right inside your chat thread, and they can see yours, too! Messenger wants you to build better, more meaningful conversations with your friends and family.
Ratings and Reviews
A bit annoying
So, I have to give this app 5 stars because it’s been the app me and my fiancé use to video chat every day since we became long distance, and usually, it is really helpful, easy to use, and not much of a problem. But one day, my fiancé noticed that when you click on the person’s profile picture, if you scroll down, you can see all the videos and pictures ever sent in the conversation. We were excited, because we both were desperate to retrieve a video of us when we first started dating about a year and a half ago. Being able to scroll through just the pictures and videos without all the messages was so helpful! (Even though it was still a lot to comb through) after a while, we finally found the video! Only problem was that we couldn’t save it. Turns out, to save a video, you have to click on a small box with an arrow pointing out of it next to the video in the messages, basically meaning you can’t save a video you’re currently viewing. With pictures, you can because this small box with an arrow pops up next to the picture as you’re viewing it. It wouldn’t even show the date the video was sent, so we couldn’t try to just aim for a specific date. So after finding the video, we still ended up having go through all the stuff we sent to get to it. I just hope in the future, you guys find a way to allow for videos to be saved as they are being viewed, so we can fully take advantage of the feature.
READ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Very great app to communicate with family and friends but lately there’s been so many stupid updates to the app like this recent one that I just did not mentioning the first one that was the exact same version which was a new version where you could delete the message on people’s chat to where no one can see it but then the last update before this new one they had removed that choice which is stupid because it’s a very good thing to be able to delete a chat if you sent soemthing you weren’t trying to but this new update they didn’t just re add the remove from all chat but it’s now getting stuck every time I slide to reply to someone it’s becoming an a lot of time closing the app and re opening to try and reply but still same problem please I ask the makers to fix this and to not keep sending out updates if they’re really isn’t any bug on the app other wise it’s a really good app no other words to describe it tbh but I love it.
This App is horrible.
As in the title, this app has a lot of bugs and it lacks many necessary features. I am only using it because it’s it connects me to my Facebook contacts, if it was an independent texting application, i would have never used it. Why when you add someone to a group, they can read every previous message? Why you can’t delete a message that you have sent (deleting it for the other person)? Why going offline (aka turning off chat) still shows you as “active now” but only with the green dot disappearing, so you are basically telling people “Hey, this person doesn’t want to chat with you”? Why does the video call button starts glowing when both you and the other person are opening the chat tab (so i might be reading an old message and the other person would think that i am stalking)? What about the profile picture bug? If someone (me or my friends) changes their Facebook profile picture, it won’t changes in messenger 99% of the times. Also when going to check pictures in an conversation, they might not load or load slowly. What about the “active 1 minute ago”? It appears always except if i turn the internet off in my device.
All those previous bugs, “features” and other lack of features make the app just horrible. Hope that you fix those bugs and remove those “features” and add other necessary ones.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 229.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.