By Facebook, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
What's New in Version 135.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. Thanks for using Messenger!
No need what so ever for Facebook to have all my info on my phone available for me to just send a message, messenger blows. I don't trust a company let alone a stranger with my privacy, why would I? I have tried canceling "messenger" all I want to be able to do is write a friend privately on Facebook like use to. But I can no longer do this simple task without bending over and allowing Facebook to screw me. Instead I have to trust that the info on my phone, my camera, my photos, my contacts, won't be screwed with and that all of my info on my phone stays private? We should all be able to have the option to have messenger without having to agree to have the inside of my phone to be probed. Come on guys?! Especially right now with everything that is going on with the Russians using Facebook to spit out garbage facts during the election. Facebook has become a dumping ground for people spewing hate and lies not love and the truth. Anything and everything that isn't true somehow finds its way on Facebook and is then shared over and over and over. It's become worse than a tabloid newspaper, with adds every other page then a fictitious story full of lies is shared over and over and over and over.
Creepy and invasive. Tracks your location to sell to advertisers.
I don't have the Facebook app installed on my phone because it is a data hog. Due to the fact that I occasionally get messages I want to check from my phone however, I did have messenger installed since they have blocked it from the mobile site (which is really strike one...but I digress).
My real concern is that apparently Facebook decided it was a good idea to use the location services from this app to track where I was shopping in a big box store and use that data to advertise to me later that night on my computer. I'm talking about down to the items in the very specific department of the store I was in.
Not only is this both highly invasive and disturbing, it is the most surefire way to make sure that I 1) don't buy from that retailer 2) delete everything to do with Facebook and never use their services again. I don't think this targeted advertising is going to work out like you think it will Facebook. You may have access to all of our data, but people generally don't like to be reminded of that fact. At least don't be so overt about what you're trying to do.
I got used to this
I realize I'm just now giving a review for an app i've been using for years. Anyway, it's seriously a great app. Updates are working fine on my iPhone 6s and i like them. I understand I have to accept that there will be a 'My Day' no matter how much I don't like using it. Pardon me developers, but I think u just copied Instagram, which also copied Snapchat (in my opinion). Next, I beg of you to please install an option where we can select messages we want to delete. It's honestly a waste of time and a hassle to delete messages one by one, plus there's a pop up bubble every time i have to delete one. Do hear this out, i know it's not just me who wants this feature installed.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 15, 2017
- Version: 135.0
- Size: 249 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.