MetaGear is a simple to use app to view and edit the information (geotag, date, camera, copyright etc.) stored within your photos. With this app you can simply and quckly edit the tags of batch of images (like deleting geotag, or copyright).
With MetaGear you can:
• view Exif, IPTC, JFIF, TIFF tags from the images, in human readable format
• add, edit or delete tags
• edit tags of several images at the same time
• hide the tags you don't use
• select the geolocation on map
• use MetaGear extension to edit tags right in Photos App
• create presets of metadata changes that you can apply further, organize them in groups, import/export to file.
• view actual file name, size and format
• supports Live Photos.
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
still not able to delete all metadata from within photos app. the developer says we can... so how? again, how do I delete all metadata in one edit session when I edit the image from the photos app? a nice howto would be great or simply add the feature that isn't there. is developer confusing the "delete all metadata" when editing photo from within the app with editing from within stock photo app using metagear extension? I hope not. they should know the difference.
Nice batch EXIF editor
I used MetaGear to add locations and edit dates (by offset) for photos taken on my non-iPhone camera. I went through 3k+ photos in a few days. My main feature request is to locate photos by location so I can adjust with more precise location (e.g., Paris => Louvre). This can be via location viewer in the app itself or via an “open in” extension in the photos app.
Great App for a Professional Photographer!
I've been using MetaGear on my iPad Pro for about a month now and it’s great! With the new release of iOS 11, I have a couple requests: Support to read/write to Folders inside the new Files App and Drag and Drop Support.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.