Metal Brigade Tactics
By Busking Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Metal Brigade Tactics is a turn-based tactical strategy game with deep RPG elements. Control your squad of Vertical Armor giant robots on a mission to stop a small country from embroiling the world in a devastating war.
Featuring a long campaign as well as a skirmish mode, Metal Brigade Tactics will satiate any strategy gamer's hunger.
Version 1.1 includes a mini campaign with 5 extra missions and 2 new units for skirmish mode.
* Grid-based tactical turn based strategy engine.
* Unique artillery gameplay - artillery is plotted before each turn but lands after, requiring careful planning and strategy.
* 13 unique Vertical Armor (VA) robots to control and customize plus 2 more non-VA units usable in skirmish mode.
* Tons of weapons and accessories to equip on your Vertical Armor.
* Control up to 10 VAs per mission.
* Story-based Campaign mode with 19 exciting missions plus a mini campaign with 5 more missions.
* 3 difficulty modes in Campaign, hard mode is a real challenge for expert players!
* Level up and customize your pilots throughout the Campaign mode.
* Skirmish mode where you can fully customize a team of VAs and play against the AI or another player's team on a variety of maps.
* 2 player hot seat play in Skirmish mode.
What's New in Version 1.10
New campaign with 5 new missions!
Fantastic game until...
I started really liking this game and I initially gave it five stars. Unfortunately, which is why I later took away four stars, it gets lots harder as you progress, even on the easy mode. That's ridiculous.
I predicted it but the way it's done is this: Just when you think you've solved the mission--I'm talking about 5.2 (spoiler ahead), which involves killing a super sized VA--you have to do the same thing all over again. This after I've already lost two VAs. At first I was angry. Now I'm just plain disappointed. I feel cheated. I won't be playing this game any further and I recommend that all you TBS players out there do the same. It's not worth the aggravation.
Now I see where some of the bad reviews came from. Next time I'll wait until I'm deeper into the game before writing a review. Too bad because I really wanted to like this game. Sigh. Now I have to keep looking for something else similar to Hunters 2.
Difficult and not thought thru
Also, when I see 5 star reviews from "baowulf" and "baobaofox" I'm pretty sure we're being had. The negative reviews are accurate, it's all pain for no gain.
Now baowulf & baobaofox might be two different people who just happen to love the game and have extremely similar ID names... But, I doubt it.
But then I noticed that the user "malfest" - who also gave this game a 5 star review also found the publisher's fun-for-the-whole-family game "Warna Free" to also be worth five stars - giving both glowing reviews.
Extraordinary coincidences, considering the two games are as far apart as feasible in terms of game styles or target gamer markets..
The problem is that when I see that, then I feel almost a responsibility to review the game. And at that point, I'm not giving any benefit of the doubt. This is simply not a good game and the developer has destroyed its credibility with the false reviews
Enjoyed this mech strategy title
Thanks for making a solid mech strategy title for the ipad, I really like it. The customization of the mechs is where the game excels and I like the three levels of difficulty. And thanks for adding more levels.
Do I have a one suggestion though, please add a pinch to zoom function (as I would like to zoom in to see the mechs in more detail, as the default camera is pulled out to far causing the mechs to look to similar).
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 29, 2011
- Version: 1.10
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Busking Software
- © Busking Software 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.