SEND MONEY. SPEND MONEY. EARN CRYPTO.
Metal Pay allows people to instantly send money to friends & family with just a phone number, and each transaction is eligible for cryptocurrency rewards — think next-generation Venmo or Paypal. These rewards, called "Pop," are delivered in Metal's cryptocurrency MTL and can be immediately converted into dollars or sent to another Metal Pay user.
SUPER SIMPLE PAYMENTS
We’ve completely rethought the payment experience, and made it incredibly simple, beautiful, fun, free, and now for the first time ever, rewarding. And as you earn more crypto by using Metal Pay, you can cash it out and send it to your bank account at any time, or spend what you earned.
Learn more at metalpay.com.
List of States and Territories where Metal Pay is currently available:
New Hampshire NH
New Jersey NJ
North Dakota ND
Rhode Island RI
South Carolina SC
South Dakota SD
West Virginia WV
US Virgin Islands
Another Metal Pay update is here!
- Share the app with your friends: We've made it easy to share Metal Pay with the people you care about by just tapping the "+" button in your contacts list.
- Know when you're eligible for Pop: When making a payment or request, keep an eye on your recipient's profile picture. It may light up, letting you know you may see crypto coming your way.
- The onboarding flow has been streamlined to make it even easier to dive right into Metal Pay.
- Haven't linked your bank yet? No problem. You can now jump into the app and link your bank when you need it.
- You can now see your pending and available balances separately when selling your Metal.
- Messaging has been improved throughout the app. You can now see pending payments in History, and our "Golden Rules of Pop" the next time your claim rewards.
- A cornucopia of stability and performance improvements when viewing history and making payments.
We update the app regularly to bring you the best possible experience using Metal Pay.
Let us know what you think in the app by just shaking your device. Alternatively, drop us a line on social media @metalpaysme.
Keep on Popping!
Ratings and Reviews
Metal Pay - Send Money, Get Rewarded
Pros - Nice, Clean user interface. Get rewarded automatically for sending cash to friends just by entering a recipients phone number. Way easier and nicer looking than any competitors app.
Cons - Currently only available in about 34 USA states, but i hear they are expanding to 50 states and also to other countries soon.
Other thoughts - This app is an FDIC insured app and will require your SSN to be entered during sign up, just as you would when creating a bank account anywhere in the USA. I like to think of this app as another bank account I own.
Venmo Killer (Graphic Design by Apple’s Head Designer)
1) The Metal Pay app is beautiful and very creative in its design. It blows away existing payment apps and makes them look old and outdated. Sid Parihar known for many of the IOS graphic images that we are familiar with on the IPhone really hit a home run with this one.
2) First it costed money to send money with PayPal, then it was free to send money with Venmo, and now it pays money to send money with Metal. Very cool.
3) I plan to save all the Metal pop I earn in the app because I think it might be worth more in the future... AND DID I MENTION HOW FUN IT IS TO PRESS THAT POP BUBBLE OVER AND OVER FOR THE REWARDS?
4) I am also using their Crumbs app which is part of the Metal ecosystem. Works really well and invests my spare change in crypto. Plus the instant buy feature they just released finally makes it easy to jump into crypto with my dollars.
Looking forward to more updates! Good job Metal team
I was delightfully surprised when I first started up the app; it genuinely brought a smile to my face when I saw the screen filling with that beautiful animation. Very well built with an almost “minimalist” feature set. But underneath it all, a very powerful technology powering it all: the blockchain. This is definitely an app that will bring blockchain and crypto to the masses. It’s been a long time coming for he Metal team, and I’m so happy that they’ve finally made it. Congrats on this app. Absolutely amazing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.