By Bogdan Farca
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Metanota is a beautiful OSX client and editor for creating and managing notes using well known cloud based services like SimpleNote and Evernote or simply local notes on your Mac.
Other note-taking cloud providers will be added constantly.
This version is free but supported by advertising, an In-App Purchase should be used to hide the ads forever.
• All functions are easy to see and access
The user interface is carefully streamlined, no unnecessary elements are left floating around.
Metanota’s goal is to avoid interfering between you and your work.
• Intelligent auto-formatting
The note editor automatically formats the first line of a note as header and shows lists as, well, lists.
Or, if you like plain and simple text, you can selectively turn off each feature.
• 100% in sync with your SImplenote/Evernote accounts
All notes and tags, even deleted notes, are kept perfectly synchronized
But you can work offline as long as you want.
• Fully manage Simplenote tags
Tags are presented as folders, making easy to neatly organize your content.
Local folders can be created, renamed or deleted, every change being promptly replicated to your SimpleNote account.
And, last but not least, Metanota is maybe the only option we have to actually rename a Simplenote tag.
A network connection is required to sync with Simplenote or Evernote accounts.
Just try it, it’s free !
What's New in Version 2.4
- Multiple note selection (including drag and drop of multiple notes between sync providers)
- Evernote sync improvements
- Evernote’s default folder is now highlighted and can be changed from Metanota
- Evernote’s „API limit reached“ error is showing in the UI
- Bug fixing