MeterAid - Locate Meter Maids, GPS Car Location, Time Reminder Alerts, Feed Meters & Parking Appiness for Boston City Driving
By MeterAid, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MeterAid is a revolutionary app and platform with a mission to create entirely new parking experiences. Use our app as a Parker, a (meter) Feeder or both.
As a Parker:
* Remember where you parked and get notifications when time is running out - Our app helps you avoid those pesky parking tickets by notifying you when your parking meter will expire in 30, 25, 20, 10 and 5 minutes... along with the moment it expires.
* Track nearby meter maids... in real-time! Bwahaha. (Still in beta, but shhh)
* Spread the #MeterAid (love) - Help others avoid parking tickets by reporting meter maids with only a pair 'o taps of your screen.
* Get notifications when you're in danger of a parking ticket - If you have 30 minutes or less remaining on your parking meter, you'll receive a push notification for every meter maid that comes within a 1/2 mile from your parked vehicle.
* Can't get back to your vehicle in time? Friendly (meter) Feeders are nearby and willing to help - Choose how much additional time you need and send a feed request out to all those nearby. Your broadcast will be dispatched and assigned to the best Feeder based on location and reputation. You'll be notified when your meter's been fed along with a photo of your vehicle and updated time on the meter. Ta-dah!
As a (meter) Feeder:
* Earn money by feeding others' meters - View the location of Parkers' vehicles, stake out your territory and win feed requests by maintaining a close proximity and great reputation.
* Once assigned a feed, the make, model, color and first two characters of the license plate of the Parker's vehicle will be displayed along with turn-by-turn directions so you can find it fast.
* Locate the Parker's vehicle, fill in the remaining characters of the license plate (for verification purposes), feed the meter, take a picture of the vehicle along with the updated time on the meter and get paid!
Your Friends @ MeterAid
What's New in Version 3.1.0
If you have an iPhone 5s or newer, we can now detect if you have parked or if you left your spot.
I've been using this for a bit. While its new it does seem to have some serious potential. These meter maids need to be tracked ! As useful as Waze.
Why do you need my license plate?
Why would this app need a photo of my car/plate? No way am I giving that. Why wouldn't it just use location data? All I need is a map and timer.