Metis is an assessment tool designed to assess a managers competence against the current and the next level standard that they are striving to achieve. It can be used by the individual themselves or may be used to assess others competence.
Metis utilises a generic competency framework which has been developed over many years of practical application across a range of business sectors within both large and small organisations, including international operations and the public sector.
The framework consists of 5 management tiers from Team Leader up to Leadership and has 10 Core Competencies. There are also 17 supplemental competencies that may be selected from to include in the assessment in order to ensure that the particular needs of organisations can be accommodated for as far as possible.
In addition to assessment against the current and next level roles, Metis also provides coaching tips for each competency selected, along with suggestions on relevant business videos and books that might also help in the development of the competency in question. eLearning options are under development for future updates. Printing features include personal development targets, sharing of a Spider Diagram via email, and coaching tips.
Metis is an ideal support to help develop management competence simply and and in a cost effective manner. Key Features ;
• 5 Tier management structure
o Strategic Manager/Seasoned Professional
o Senior Manager/Senior Professional
o Team Leader
• 10 Core Management competencies
• 17 Supplemental Management competencies
• Assessment is shown for each competence and in an overall summary
• Can be shared with others to complete, eg, a team
• Supports managers to undertake career coaching with confidence and without significant cost
How might Metis be used?
• Personal development planning
• Employee development planning
• Team design and development
• Improving engagement and retention
• Support equal pay analysis ; submissions; and defence
• Support talent management and succession planning decisions
• Support pay and promotion submissions
• Assessment and design of new management teams due to business acquisition/mergers
• More accurate annual training plan design, budgeting, implementation and ROI reporting
• Support organisational accreditation such as Investors in People
• Aid the existing annual performance review process
• When used in recruitment Metis can provide a development plan from day 1 and structured feedback for unsuccessful candidates also along with suggestions for their personal development
• Support the inexperienced manager to give feedback to others
• Provides support within small or remote operations in the absence of on-site management development resources
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.