The Official Metro-North app includes real-time train status and track information, links to MTA eTix to buy electronic tickets, trip schedules and fares, and detailed station information including Grand Central.
- Link to the MTA eTix app to buy and activate electronic tickets
- Access real-time trip information directly from Metro-North including train status, track number, and the latest service notices
- Save favorite trips for one click access to daily schedules, status and track number
- Get schedules that update in real-time — no need to download new timetables every time you open the app!
- Find out trip details including duration, transfer details, Peak / Off Peak, fares and station stops
- Browse the new “Discover Grand Central” page to see the latest deals from Grand Central shops and restaurants, check out upcoming events, and explore the directory map
- Look up station information including location, parking, taxis and connecting services
- Find Grand Central Terminal information, including deals, events, and directories
- Easy access to accessibility details including ADA compliance and elevator / escalator status for all stations
Whether you are a daily commuter looking for up-to-date information on your usual trip or an occasional traveler trying to find the best trip option, the Train Time App is the most convenient and accurate way to plan a seamless trip.
Added link to MYMTA
Ratings and Reviews
Useful app with minor oversights
It’s annoying that it won’t show train information after the departure time—often I’d like to check when the train I’m on will arrive, or check what stops it’s making. It would also be nice if the train time and e-ticket apps were combined—switching between them can be annoying. That said, it’s great to be able to find up to date info on train schedules and tracks without having to hunt for and crowd around information boards in the station.
Necessary but not as functional
So a train app is a requirement if you ride the train daily. You expect it to provide times and up-to-the minute delays which for the most part are accurate. However, if i am unable to scroll through the app or see past one time because the app has failed to keep up with software updates it becomes frustratingly and relatively useless. What was once good is now no longer helpful.
Getting better - needs countdown
This informational app has improved in the last year, as several free and more useful apps have dropped out of the App Store and therefore my new iPhone.
Unfortunately a very useful feature, a countdown clock for the next few departures, doesn’t exist yet. For regular commuters, quickly referencing how much time is left significantly beats trying to do the math in your head. It’s an app after all, so not really a big ask!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.