This is the Official Metro Taxi Denver iPhone App for our customers located in the Denver Metro Area.
The Metro Taxi Denver iPhone application delivers a streamlined booking alternative for Metro Taxi customers by skipping the telephone queue when trying to call and book a cab during peak hours.
See how far away your taxi is with our LIVE Tracking feature and receive an "on approach" notification when the cab is near.
This is the perfect taxi application for booking account jobs or arranging travel for passengers other than yourself where you want to track their pick up and drop off.
Create a list of your favorite pickup locations to be used later for quick easy access.
Book a taxi using the iHail function, which uses the iPhone’s built in GPS to determine your pickup point and if required you can further fine tune the map pin location determined by iHail by using the map presented location on the screen of your iPhone.
Find the closest stand located to you while in the downtown area where our taxis are available to pick up street hails using the ‘Find Stand’ button.
Automatic dial to the Metro Taxi Denver call center is also available.
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Never prebook with this app!
The app works ok if you just need to get a cab and can wait for it (don't ever trust the times on the home screen...booked a cab and I'm at 2hrs and counting when it said it should only take 15mins), but never try to schedule a cab in the future with it! I scheduled a cab for this morning with the app last night, and called 25 mins before the cab was scheduled to come to make sure everything had gone through (the woman on the phone assured me it had). About 20 mins before the cab was supposed to show up, I got a push notification that the booking was "created," even though it I did it the night before.
The cab is currently 30 mins late, with no eta that the operator for metro taxi can give me, and I'm late for work. Yea, that was a fun call, "I'm going to be late because my cab hasn't shown up yet, and I have no idea when it's going to be coming to get me."
I haven't had a problem when I call 1 1/2 - 2 hours in advance to schedule it, so I've got to assume that there is a major problem with the app.
TERRIBLE. DO NOT TRUST. RUDE. SIMPLY AWFUL.
It turns out if you request a taxi at a time then that means within an hour of your requested time, maybe even longer. This all occurred during off-peak hours. If you then call the service to see if someone is coming to pick you up (when they are already late), expect to be treated badly by a rude dispatcher who will explain that even though they are already late, your cab has not even been dispatched yet and that your expectation that somebody would show up only 5 or 10 minutes late is unrealistic. What you need to do is book the cab much earlier.
Basically they have this smart phone App that leads you to believe that you are booking a cab to show up at whatever time you requested. Then Metro cab will take care of getting a cab when & where you requested it. DO NOT TRUST METRO CAB.
I would have missed my flight if I had relied on them & didn't take my own car to Denver International.
Metro cab is totally worthless.
Useful but needs improvement!
1. There is an awful sound of applause that plays every 10 seconds and its only purpose is to drive you crazy, not let you hear music, videos; and keep interrupting you. There is no way to turn off this sound in the preferences and has nothing to do with letting you know when the car is approaching.
2. Sometimes the app can't locate you accurately and when you try to call, a rude operator will attend you and force you to give an specific address, even if you are in an easy to find landmark or intersection like Broadway & Alameda in front of McDonalds. You need the exact address, or they won't send you a car.
3. There is no easy way to save your commonly used locations.
4. There is no easy way to save your "Remarks". Or combine them with other pre-made phrases like "Waiting out front" and just give the name of the place where you are.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.