Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Metromile app helps make owning a car easier, less expensive, and more enjoyable. Review your driving stats, get insights into your car’s running condition, and even find your car if it’s missing.
Sign up for an account to receive our Metronome, a device that plugs into your car’s diagnostic port, which then allows the Metromile app to show you:
- Miles driven, MPG, and fuel costs
- Interpretations for ‘check engine’ lights and the ability to contact our on-staff mechanic with questions
- Details for each trip, including customized categories and labels for end points
- Your car’s location (if you’ve forgotten where you parked)
- Alerts to move your car if parked in a street sweeping zone (SF and Chicago only, for now)
...and lots more! We’re rolling out additional features all the time.
Visit metromile.com and sign up for our free Beta program. Currently, Metronomes are available at no cost to drivers (of post-1996 vehicles) in California, Oregon, Washington and Illinois. If elsewhere in the United States, sign up for our waitlist to receive a notification when Metromile is available in your area.
Note: not all makes and models are compatible.
What's New in Version 1.5.7
What's New in Version 1.5.7:
- Better iOS 8 integration!
- We’ve added Categories & Labels for Trips!
- Create specific names (labels) for the start & end points of any individual trip (e.g. Home, Gym).
- Categorize each trip itself (e.g. Business, Fun, or Commute); we start you off with 5 but you can create more!
- Want to see certain types of trips? Just filter for specific categories on the Trips screen.
Read more at blog.metromile.com.
Needs some work
Now I am not hating on this app, but it does need some work. So any feedback i provide is for delvopers to fix the app. The timing on the tracker is a little off, and sometimes will take hours to update trips. Example I will get back from town and if you open it up it will say your still parked in town lol. Another thing that doesn't work at all for me is the MPG. It can't seem to ever find how much my MPG is weather that be on a short or long trip. Also fuel cost doesn't work on the app as well. Despite those bugs, if they got fixed it'd be a a very reliable app. Everything else seems to work fine on it.
Mildly useful but really sluggish
I can find my car, get street cleaning notifications and can see mileage per trip. That was about it. Actually app usability is lukewarm. Very slow transitions, scroll, sluggish loading performance even over wifi on iPhone 6 plus. Cannot add custom places. Insurance wise cannot do any changes online and have to call in for any even minor changes. Web interface lets you change phone number but it never remembers the change after login/logout.
Much good info, slow missing info
I have very mixed emotions about this app. It seems to be a good idea but it struggles to get the information on the app. I can usually finish a trip before it sees where I am. The last few days of trips it has yet to recognize. It still has me out on the highway. Also, I have chosen that my car is a diesel and it knows the vin, but it calculates my mileage around 25 when it should be more like 42.
A good idea and a reasonable start, but not very quick or accurate.