Metronome M1 supports a wide tempo range between 10-300 BPM, ranging from Grave to Prestissimo covering all popular styles including Lento, Largo, Adagio, Andante, Moderato, Allegro, Vivace and Presto. The "Tap Tempo" feature lets you quickly set your desired tempo with the ease of tapping a button.
Metronome M1 supports the following common Time Signatures and more.
Simple time signatures:
- 2/4 (duple): Commonly used for polkas or marches.
- 3/4 (triple): Used widely for waltzes, minuets, scherzi, country & western ballads, R&B. Also occasionally used in pop.
- 4/4 (quadruple): Also known as common time, this is used widely in most forms of Western popular music. It is also the most common time signature in rock, blues, country, funk, and pop. Most students start practicing with this time signature.
Compound time signatures:
- 6/8 (duple): This compound time signature is used in double jigs, polkas, sega, salegy, tarantella, marches, barcarolles, Irish jigs, loures, and some rock music.
- 9/8 (triple): Also known as compound triple time, this is used in triple jigs.
- 12/8 (quadruple): Commonly used in slower blues (where it is called a shuffle) and doo-wop; also used more recently in rock music.
With the latest update, you can now set any time signature you want.
Now you no longer have to give an excuse for practicing without a metronome as you can have this app on your mobile device all the time. Make metronome your best friend and always practice with it. Moreover, practicing with metronome is proven to improve your aural skills.
- Custom time signatures.
- Ability to set any of these note values - Quarter note, Dotted quarter note, Half note, Dotted half note, Eighth note.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great app. Flexible and easy to use.
The watch app needs a little work to make it a 5-star. If you use the watch to start the metronome, it stops when you lower your wrist. So I can start it from the watch, but as soon as move my hand to play, it stops.
Great app. Apple Watch app is useless.
I love this app. However, the Apple Watch app needs work. Every time the screen dims on the watch, the metronome shuts off. This renders the Apple Watch app virtually useless. Please fix this bug.
Also, it would be great if there was an option to have the metronome sounds play through the watch. Thank you.
Simple and easy to use!
Its a great app, that gets you practicing the moment you open it, without any confusion. Highly recommended!
- JSplash Apps
- 5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2018 JSplash Studios Pvt. Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.