Tempo - Metronome with Setlists
By Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tempo is the bestselling and most accurate metronome on the App Store. Featured as "New and Noteworthy" and "Staff Favorite" by Apple on the main iTunes landing page. Same price as upgrading a free alternative. If you're going to demo free apps, why not give Tempo Lite a try?
Ever since its release, Tempo has been consistently in the top 100 of the Music category in over 30 countries, and the top paid metronome app in most countries. Tempo's engine is written from the ground up for high accuracy and stability. It keeps going even in device lock mode, making it a useful aid for live drumming.
On the iPhone, Tempo features an innovative interface that morphs between five modes: Basic, Preset, Setlist, Practice and Gig. Each mode presents a different combination of functionalities optimized for the task at hand. On the iPad, the interface takes advantage of the additional display space by making available all controls at all time.
Visit www.frozenape.com for demo videos.
• 35 different time signatures, including compound and complex meters: 1-13/2, 1-13/4, 3/8, 5/8(2 variations), 6/8, 7/8(3 variations), 9/8, 12/8
• 6 rhythm patterns for simple meters and 3 for compound meters
• Customize accents or turn beats off to create more complex rhythms
• Tap tempo function
• Tempo ranges from 10 to 800
• Visual feedback in the form of pulsating LEDs
• Two pendulum types, each with two animation types
• Flash whole screen
• Fullscreen display mode with gesture controls
• Store presets in multiple setlists
• Advanced setlist management including search, overwriting, copying between setlists and multi-deletion
• Quick editing
• Share setlists via email
• Backup via iTunes File Sharing
• Track number of bars played or time your practice
• Stop playback automatically when limit reached
• Choose from 14 sound sets, including one optimized for live drumming click tracks
• Voice counting
• Vibration mode
• Pan audio left, right or centered
• Volume control and mute button
• Control setlists, tempo and playback with AirTurn, iRig BlueBoard, PageFlip Cicada, headphones remote and other accessories
• Assign action to proximity sensor trigger
• Classical metronome and Italian tempo markings
• Pitch pipe for playback of all 12 chromatic pitches (calibration from A = 414 to 466 Hz)
• Multi-tasking support: plays in background, with audio from other apps
• Four color themes and Theme Editor to create unlimited custom themes
What's New in Version 3.5.2
• You can now set BPM to always use a quarter note for the note value of a beat
• Added support for the iRig BlueBoard pedalboard and other MIDI controllers.
• Added support for remote control accessories such as Apple's EarPods. Use them to navigate setlists and start and stop playback.
• Added support for 5th button on AirTurn DIGIT II
• Added button to duplicate setlists
• Bug fixes
This app is why I have the iPhone
I was using a $90 metronome for rehearsal and gigs. Some of the other musicians I was working with showed me this one and after working with it for a few weeks, I decided to get an iPhone and download the app. (It is not limited to the iPhone.) I've been using it for almost three years now, and my old metronome is now a relic paperweight in my rehearsal studio. I've been playing drums for over 16 years, this is by far THE BEST metronome I have ever used. Controls are a little goofy at first, but very user friendly.
Great App, Getting Better
I've used nearly every metronome app on the market, and this is my favorite. It has an easy to use UI, is very convenient for finding and sorting playlists, has many different timekeeping options, and in general is just easier to use than many apps. Great for having a click track for worship services - only way it would be better would be if it ha a Bluetooth broadcast to sync with band mates' apps.
Bottom Line: Tempo is the best metronome app on the app store by far, even surpassing Frozen Ape's Tempo 2.
Musicians, even if your budget is limited, it's worth it to pay two bucks for a metronome app that outdoes all others. Tempo's features and accuracy *beat* those of a Dr. Beat or similar metronome that you would pay anywhere from $70-$150 for. Enough said.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 17, 2014
- Version: 3.5.2
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
- © 2009-2014 Frozen Ape Pte. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Theme Pack$0.99
- Theme Editor$0.99