Meet Metronomics HD, the full-featured practice suite big brother of the popular iPhone metronome Metronomics -- the perfect practice tool for beginners, to seasoned professionals needing the most complex rhythmic options.
The Metronomics apps are the only metronomes that give you complete control over how subdivisions are played -- use custom subdivisions (such as 5/7), custom samples, preset patterns, random intervals, sequenced grooves, silent measures, or anything else you can think of to help drive your practice routine.
Metronomics HD not only features a beautiful innovative interface optimized for the larger screens, but also a new set of features, including the "Inspector" mode. When activated, the Metronomics Inspector listens to and records your playing (either from a microphone or via MIDI input from the camera connection kit) an graphs it next to the metronome output, showing you how in time you are compared to the metronome. It will also analyze your playing and attempt show you how far away you were from the beat (measurements are precise when using MIDI input and based on audio analysis when using the microphone). With this feature, Metronomics HD moves beyond the normal one-dimensional metronome and becomes an even more useful practice tool, with interactive feedback on your playing. You can also choose to play back or export your practice session to listen back to what you played while watching the visual analysis from Metronomics.
Whether in Inspector mode or not, you have access to over 40 different samples for each subdivision, plus the ability to import your own WAV files to use as custom sample sounds. Use any of these samples for any type of subdivision, including common types like quarter notes or eighth note triplets, sequenced grooves like claves or ride cymbal patterns, or a "custom subdivision," such as 7/5 or 25/4. Then, save your preferences and have everything synced over iCloud, allowing you to stay in sync with Metronomics HD on OSX if you also practice with your Mac.
- Generate patterns using random or sequenced variations of different subdivisions
- Include preset patterns such as claves (including odd-meter claves)
- Choose any number of beats per measure for your time signature, including mixed meters such as (4 + 3 + 5), where the segments of the bar get accented automatically
- Choose from 40 different included samples, or import your own WAV files
- Use any type of subdivision, including custom numbers (5/7, 13/4, etc)
- Move rhythms to unusual parts of the measure with the "offset feature" -- think quarter note triplets, starting on an offbeat
- Sync your saved metronomes and presets between the iOS and OSX versions of Metronomics HD using iCloud
- Email saved metronomes back and forth with other Metronomics users
- "Inspector" feature graphs your playing alongside the Metronome, using microphone or MIDI input
- Play back or export your playing with the metronome
- Swing feel, with customizable swing amounts
- Metronome stays playing while in the background
- Use iOS multitasking remote to control playback
Find more information, including video samples of Metronomics in action at http://metronomicsapp.com
Bug fixes, including MIDI export fix
Ratings and Reviews
This Metronome App is Better than any other
Playing in time, or in the groove is something that honestly is a skill that can be too easily accepted in our playing. In this app, you can set up silent bars, and different beat "Hits" and subdivisions to really help you play with super accurate time. But, not at the expense of "Feel". Thats the point of this app.... I have been using it a little while but already it has exposed some parts of my playing that need help..... but it does not feel "stiff"and the app actually creates a way to play in the pocket and still play with feel when using the metronome. Great app. Way better than I expected. I expect to use this for years.
Best metronome ever
Metronomics is a great tool — easy to use and has all the features you could want in a metronome. It has everything I need as a professional player and is great for my less experienced students, too. The new interface looks great and the new animated subdivisions are a nice touch as are the new options to speed up/slow down over time.
This is a great expansion of the Metronomics program. I have already begun practicing with it and had to leave a quick review. I haven't scratched the surface of it's potential yet, but immediately I already am very happy about how easy it is to customize things all from the front page. Intuitive and musical. It looks incredible and leaves all other apps of this sort in the dust!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.