Metronomics is not only a metronome, but a tool designed to help build a solid sense of time and rhythmic security. It's a new kind of metronome -- use Metronomics to generate random patterns, sequenced grooves, or a combination of both to help you practice with more than just your typical click track. Enough features to keep a professional busy for years or start a beginner on the right track.
The only metronome that gives you complete control over how subdivisions are played -- add up to 10 subdivisions of any type (including custom subdivisions like 5/7) and have them played all the time, at random intervals, or in a sequenced pattern.
- Choose from 40 different samples for each subdivision, mastered for the iPhone
- Generate patterns using random or sequenced variations of different subdivisions
- Include preset patterns such as claves or ride cymbal patterns
- Choose any number of beats per measure you like or practice mixed meters such as 4 + 3 + 5 where the segments of the bar get accented automatically
- Use any type of subdivision. Common types like quarter notes, sixteenth notes, eighth triplets, etc, or create your own. 5/7, 23/4, no problem!
- Take a rhythm and use the "offset" feature to move it to different parts of the measure to practice with.
- Set the metronome to speed up or slow down by a given amount after a set number of measures
- Have Metronomics start with a count off
- Set the metronome to run for a certain amount of time
- Email saved metronomes back and forth with other Metronomics users
- Track your metronome usage. App shows how much you've practiced with it each day and total (optionally turn off time tracking)
- Train yourself with "independence" mode where you can set some bars to be inaudible -- keep the time going yourself until the click starts again
- Variable swing feel -- choose how much each subdivision swings
- Play in the background
- Great battery management -- doesn't drain the battery like many other iOS metronomes
- Normalized sounds for good volume
- Manual describing how to use all the features and hints about how they might be useful
Fix for exports on iPad version
Ratings and Reviews
More than a Metronome
This is a versatile and powerful app. There are features that expand on simple metronome usage such as meter, audible/inaudible bars, tempo alteration (ramping). Add to that randomized cross rhythms, rhythm layering, odd meters, and a variety of samples, and you'll have enough tools to practice rhythm from any perspective. Highly recommended.
Makes practicing more fun.
I love this app. It makes practicing more fun.
It has a beautiful and easy to learn user interface.
I have tried many metronomes and this is the best one, period. It has made me a better player.
You must get this metronome!
This is a must have tool for musicians of any skill level. There are so many options and customizable settings to help work on your time. Great job!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.