By John Nastos
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Metronomics is not only a metronome, but a tool designed to help build a solid sense of time and rhythmic security. It's a new kind of metronome -- use Metronomics to generate random patterns, sequenced grooves, or a combination of both to help you practice with more than just your typical click track. Enough features to keep a professional busy for years or start a beginner on the right track.
The only metronome that gives you complete control over how subdivisions are played -- add up to 10 subdivisions of any type (including custom subdivisions like 5/7) and have them played all the time, at random intervals, or in a sequenced pattern.
- Choose from 40 different samples for each subdivision, mastered for the iPhone
- Generate patterns using random or sequenced variations of different subdivisions
- Include preset patterns such as claves or ride cymbal patterns
- Choose any number of beats per measure you like or practice mixed meters such as 4 + 3 + 5 where the segments of the bar get accented automatically
- Use any type of subdivision. Common types like quarter notes, sixteenth notes, eighth triplets, etc, or create your own. 5/7, 23/4, no problem!
- Take a rhythm and use the "offset" feature to move it to different parts of the measure to practice with.
- Set the metronome to speed up or slow down by a given amount after a set number of measures
- Email saved metronomes back and forth with other Metronomics users
- Track your metronome usage. App shows how much you've practiced with it each day and total (optionally turn off time tracking)
- Train yourself with "independence" mode where you can set some bars to be inaudible -- keep the time going yourself until the click starts again
- Variable swing feel -- choose how much each subdivision swings
- Play in the background
- Great battery management -- doesn't drain the battery like many other iOS metronomes
- Normalized sounds for good volume
- Manual describing how to use all the features and hints about how they might be useful
What's New in Version 6.0.5
- iOS 9 compatibility
- See your usage times graphed for each day instead of just a cumulative number
- The sequencer now highlights the current subdivision when the metronome is playing
- New walkthrough to guide you through some of Metronomics' key features
6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.0.5
- Bug fixes
-- If you love Metronomics, please leave a rating/review! If you have an issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, since developers can't respond to App Store reviews --
One of the best metronome apps on the market. Also one of the easiest to use (I'm a percussionist and needed an app that could sub divide and this was perfect)
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 25, 2016
- Version: 6.0.5
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: John Nastos
- © John Nastos 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.