THE BEST WAY TO PAY FOR PARKING AT LA METRO LOTS
Introducing the Metro Parking mobile app - with just a few taps, you are able to park, pay, and be on your way. Commuting with LA Metro has never been easier!
Benefits of Using Metro Parking:
Receive notifications when your parking session is about to expire
Extend your session through the app (24, 48, and 72 hour sessions available)
Receive email receipts at the end of your parking session
Manage your parking history through the app†
To Get Started:
Download the free Metro Parking app
Park where you see Metro Parking signs
Enter your TAP Card and License Plate information
Enter payment information and pay for your session
Where Can I Use Metro Parking?
The mobile app is currently available where Metro Parking signage is displayed at Park & Ride Lots at North Hollywood North, South, West, Candler, and Universal City North. Metro Parking will be expanding to more lots soon!
Metro Parking is the official mobile payment application from LA Metro and powered by Passport®.
Updates to TAP card validation
Ratings and Reviews
Needs UX improvement
Overall a simple and functional app. My recommendations:
- should have two functions Pay and Settings
- settings: patrons can set up cars, payment methods, credit card, tap card etc etc. go fancy and have different payment profiles for diff methods
- settings: I fat finger a license plate, now I can’t even delete it. All these should be manageable.
- pay: should be a simple one screen with zone, car plate, pay profile as default. Each field is selectable to be modified. Current flow is inefficient that we have to tap through all the choices again ( 99.9% is the same info every day).
- nice to have: if I pay multi day, have an option to cancel for early exit. Use case scenario: I pay 3 days since I work every day. But something comes up I need to stay home within those 3 days, would be nice to cancel 3 day and just be charged with days used.
Quick and easy. However don't appreciate the 15 cent "convenience fee" on top of $3.00/day to park which is steep considering DelMar station charges 2.00/day to park if you have your tap card.
Also when signing up for this app the fact that you needed a zone # was not readily evident so I had no idea what it was and there was no assistance from the app so I had to put my application on hold until later in the day when I could determine what the zone # was.
Otherwise the app works very well.
Stupid lame requirements!
Metrolink was running late so took the gold line. Tried to pay for parking, asks me for tap card. Metrolink passes are accepted at metro so should be fine right? WRONG! I’m unable to bypass stupid tap card requirement, so I buy a tap card with 1 trip on it, maybe that will go towards my parking? NOPE! Won’t accept my tap card because i haven’t tapped it. OF COURSE I HAVENT I HAVE METROLINK!!!!!!! So now I get to my destination tap my card, waste the money on it, and now it let me pay for parking. Total cost for this stupid mess? Frustration, 2.75 for tap card and 1 trip, and 3.15 for parking. This is ridiculous. I wish I could give it less stars.
Developer Response ,
Please email us at Support@passportinc.com and we will be happy to assist you!
- Passport Labs, Inc.
- 83.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Passport. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.