MG Rec&Play - US
By Yamaha Corporation of America
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
MG REC & PLAY lets you record live performance or instantly play back the music once you connect the MG series to your iPhone or iPad.
Recorder function: 2-track recording from MG series STEREO (L/R) bus is possible. The sampling rate can be selected from 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, or 96 kHz.
The maximum recording time varies depending on the available space on the iPhone or iPad.
Playback function: By assigning songs in the iPhone or iPad song library to the tiles, pressing the tile instantly plays back the assigned songs. You can play back the song or sound effect that is assigned beforehand when necessary during an event.
It has nine banks and up to eight songs can be assigned on one bank.
- Recorder and player functions do not work simultaneously.
- Supported MG series: MG20XU, MG16XU, MG12XU, MG10XU
- Camera connection kit or Lightning to USB camera adapter, and USB cable are necessary to connect the MG series to iPhone or iPad.
What's New in Version 1.0.7
Display bug fix.
No File Transfer Options
The app does not have file transfer options built in. Four example, a recording cannot be sent as an attachment to a text message or email. It also cannot be transferred to iCloud or dropbox. Therefore, unless you happen to be sitting in front of your computer at home (I'll explain shortly) the recordings can only be played back on the device on which they were recorded.
It is possible to transfer the files to your computer using iTunes.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a lightning cable.
- Open iTunes
- Select your iPhone (icon)
- Select "Apps" from the settings menu in iTunes
- Select the MG Rec&Play app
- Drag and drop the audio file to a folder on your computer
MG Rec&Play uses the .WAV file format.
But how do I download the files from the app??
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 30, 2015
- Version: 1.0.7
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yamaha Corporation of America
- © 2014 Yamaha Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.