Please read the section "Important Notes" before purchasing or using this app.
This app has no in-app purchases! After playing this app, you can import your save data into “Monster Hunter Stories” (paid version) to continue the story.
• The World of Monster Hunter Stories
In a world where large monsters roam, and people everywhere make a living hunting, there's a remote village of people who follow a different set of customs. They are the Monster Riders, a people who don't hunt but instead form bonds with monsters.
Unlike hunters, they raise and live in harmony with monsters, forming inseparable bonds with them using mysterious artifacts known as Kinship Stones.
The monsters that form kinships with Riders, known as "Monsties," possess incredible powers. By becoming a Rider, you too can befriend countless Monsties, riding them as you explore a vast, exciting world. Join the adventure and "Ride On!"
• Game Features
- Recruit countless Monsties!
Monsties, and the bonds you form with them, are the backbone of your adventure. Explore vast environments and dungeons to find monster dens, and bring back the eggs you find to hatch new Monsties!
- Fight with your Monsties in Network Battles!
Take your hero and the Monsties you've raised into battles with other Riders! Build a team of your favorites to challenge other players.
- New features for the smartphone version!
New improvements include beautiful high-resolution graphics, improved user interface, and a new auto-save feature!
The story begins in a forest near the village of Riders. Three young friends—the hero, Lilia, and Cheval—stumble upon a shining egg.
The trio perform a playful imitation of the Rite of Kinship, only to be shocked when it actually succeeds!
The egg hatches, revealing a baby Rathalos, a flying wyvern also known as "the King of the Skies." The trio affectionately name him "Ratha," and take him back to the village.
Days later, without warning, the village is beset upon by a monster infected by "the Black Blight." They manage to drive it away, but not before it devastates the town—and leaves indelible scars in the hearts of Cheval and Lilia.
A year passes...
The hero receives a Kinship Stone from the Village Chief and officially becomes a Rider. Cheval and Lilia both leave the village, each on their own path. The hero, though separated now from childhood friends, partners up with the cheerful Navirou, and embarks upon a new adventure into the world of hunters.
A story of friendship and triumph await you—ride on into the world of Monster Hunter Stories!
• Notes on Multiplayer
- Multiplayer (Network Battles, etc.) is available only after a certain amount of game progress.
- Network Battles are only available against other players of this version of the iOS app, not players of the paid version.
- Network Battles are not available against players of the Japanese version of this app.
- Play in an area with a good connection to ensure the best online experience.
- You must sign in to Game Center to use multiplayer features.
• Additional Notes
- To use this app, you must agree to the "Monster Hunter Stories End User License Agreement" (link below) when booting the app for the first time.
- This app features the same story as introduction of the handheld console version.
- Several handheld console features, such as certain collaboration contents, amiibo features, local Network Battles, and StreetPass, are NOT available in this version.
- Deleting this app will also erase any stored save data.
- This app can only be downloaded with a Wi-Fi connection.
- Battle Party QR codes from the Japanese version will not work in this version.
Ratings and Reviews
Heck yes I will pay $20 for a game. Especially when that game is $40 on the 3DS with graphics that can’t compete with how STUNNING this game is on the iPhone and iPad. Heck yes I will pay $20 for this game when I can play on my phone while I’m killing time and then continue right where I left off on my iPad when I want to put in some serious gaming hours.
This game is what Pokémon Sun/noon should have been. Thank you, Capcom. People will pay for quality and convenience. For those who can’t afford it... why are you complaining?! You have like 6 hours worth of FREE demo!
Own it on 3DS and after playing this demo will soon own it on iOS. The fresh and scrips retina graphics...the portability. Is grown folk don’t generally tote a 3DS around with us so having this game on mobile makes it worth it. Such a big adventure in your pocket! As a mega MH fan, owning every single title across all systems MH has been released on, adding Freedom Unite and Stories to my collection on a device I always have with me is the best ever. Hey Capcom! Update Freedom Unite AND bring us Generations to iOS!
I like this one because you can pvp in it if you pay to own the game you can’t the payed one just lets you play on other devices so it’s good to get the free one to pvp everything is the same as the payed one
- CAPCOM Co., Ltd
- 3.2 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2016, 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.