A desktop Gmail email client for your Mac, without a browser !
"Mia for Gmail is a fine replacement for Google’s dearly departed original" - Andrew Hayward (macworld.com)
"The Gmail app I was waiting for !" - Eric (mac4ever.com)
* Read and compose your emails without a browser (attachment files supported).
* Labels selection.
* Quick email overview (hold your mouse over an email)
* Desktop notifications for incoming emails (10.8+)
* Fast and lightweight
* Secured: Mia for Gmail is using the oauth 2.0 protocol.
* Mark as read, delete, archive or spam directly from the application.
* Dark mode support.
* Choose the notification sound (among the system sound list)
* Choose your default browser for each account (if ever you prefer to read/compose your emails from your browser).
Premium version features:
* Search in your emails.
* Multiple accounts support.
Note: Mia for Gmail is a 3rd party application for Gmail.
* Mark as read/unread button when reading an email
* Warning before trying to send an email if the message size is over 6MB
* Finding and converting URL as clickable links if it was only a plain text
Thanks for your support, we keep working and improving Mia for Gmail thanks to your suggestions :)
Ratings and Reviews
LIke it, hate the ‘monthly fee..'
I like it, and a revision ago it was great (it somehow still works well on my macbook pro) but after moving to an imac no matter the version I get ads. It used to be you could pay a flat fee and remove them… now its a monthly fee of $1.99. I want to support the developers, but I don’t want to pay $1.99/mo just to use this without annoying ads.
OK but lacking configuration options
This seems like a competent Gmail notifier app. I do wish that the way that alert sounds were played was more customizable. For example, it seems that the alert sound is only played for the first email received and that any emails after that do not trigger the alert sound. I would also like to be able to set a different alert sound for each account.
Mia For Gmail
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.