Michigan Liar's Dice
By The University of Michigan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Liar's dice is an easy-to-learn game requiring the ability to deceive and detect an opponent's deception. Michigan Liar's Dice provides you the chance to play this fun and challenging (and free) game of Liars Dice against a top artificial intelligence (AI) opponent.
Designed for both casual and serious players, Michigan Liar's Dice can be played against one to three opponents, and provides a simple interface that helps you make your best bid. The game has the complete set of bids including pushing, exact (spot on), pass, and special rules when a player gets to one die.
This game was developed by the Soar research group at the University of Michigan, and uses Soar as the underlying engine for the game AI. Soar is a general cognitive architecture and has been used for developing a wide range of intelligent agents for training, computer games, and robotics.
The game AI uses probabilities, heuristics, and even a model of the opponent to determine its bids (but does not include any learning, yet!). Michigan Liars Dice is the first iPhone app powered by Soar. Learn more about Soar at sitemaker.umich.edu/soar.
What's New in Version 2.0
Hello, awesome Liar’s Dice players! This update contains a significant number of awesome features and improvements.
== New ==
• Increased number of AI players from 4 to 8.
• iPad support!
• Game Center support (Achievements!)
• A tutorial to help you figure out the interface!
• A history screen. You can now view what happened earlier in the round and previous rounds!
== Improvements ==
• Revamped interface! Now in the famed Maize and Blue of the University of Michigan
• Faster AIs. We’ve taken that time to improve how the Soar AIs play and they’re a lot faster.
• Better AIs. We’ve updated the Soar Agents to be harder.
• Local player is now highlighted in red for better visibility
== Eliminated numerous bugs including crashes and hangs ==
Game doesn't work for me, support doesn't work either
Played one game. It miscounted the number of dice on the table, whether there were wilds or not.
After the first full game, the AI would no longer play. Starting any game, after my opening move, the AI would do nothing, the wheel spinning indefinitely.
I turned on soar logging and tried to send the AI engine logs to the developer, but the email address bounced back as invalid.
Great ai for a great game
Very smooth gameplay, quick, intelligent ai - a challenge for all good perudo players!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The University of Michigan
- © 2012 The Regents of the University of Michigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.