miCoach train & run
By adidas AG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Run faster further. Get fitter, leaner and stronger with adidas Train and Run. This app turns your phone in to your personal trainer, providing real-time guidance and premium voice coaching to help you work out more efficiently and achieve your goals faster.
Train and Run includes hundreds of free training plans, built by adidas’ elite coaches, to help you lose weight, shape and tone, build strength and improve your flexibility. The free training plans will help you learn to run, or prepare to race from 5km to a full marathon.
Use GPS to track your route, pace and distance outdoors. Connect with a Bluetooth Smart compatible heart rate monitor for accurate cardio feedback. Use the adidas SPEED_CELL for accurate pace and distance indoors and out. Works with the adidas FIT SMART wrist based heart rate monitor and workout coach. Share your workout to Facebook, Twitter, Google Fit, Strava, Apple Health and many other platforms. Listen to your favorite music while you are on a run or do your strength & flexibility workout.
What's New in Version 3.5
- Automatically share your workouts to Google Fit, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Facebook, Twitter, as well as the miCoach community.
- Additionally share your achievements and every new milestone to Facebook and Twitter.
- Post your running route directly to Facebook where it will appear as a map on your timeline.
- This app update will update your FitSmart to version 1.3.6. This brings you greater accuracy, easier pairing and synchronizing, and a new workout type called “GYM” for non-running activities.
- Fundraise for good causes: create fundraising campaigns via the Ammando platform directly from the app.
- The integration of the miCoach Blog has been improved inheriting the beautiful design from micoach.com/blog
- Many more minor improvements.
Good but needs improvement
The app works perfectly keeping track of workouts and the coached plans are great. However, it would be nice if Adidas can upgrade the firmware of their devices to also keep track of sleep patterns, steps, etc., when you are not actually working out. Fitbit can essentially do the same things at a lower cost, so Adidas better catch up! Also, the app does not allow to adjust the coaches zones.
So far I've enjoyed the app and all the features. The videos are by far the most helpful part. I hope they keep adding features to it (as well as update the syncing issue).
Loss of Connection
Great app however every time I run it continuously say heart rate lost, stride sensor lost, heart rate found, stride sensor found!!!! Totally annoying and is disturbing my workouts. I thought going to this app from a windows phone would be a better experience. NO WAY. I will use my chest strap and MapMyRun app until this gets fixed!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 01, 2015
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 86.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: adidas AG
- © 2015 adidas AG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.