By EyeCue Cards, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Authoritative coverage of disease-causing bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites, produced by the American Society for Microbiology. Ideal for university and medical school students, health-care professionals, and anyone interested in pathogenic microorganisms.
Search-and-save to create your own study stacks.
• 103 color-coded cards are organized into gram-positive bacteria, gram-negative bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites.
• Card front has microscopic and clinical images contributed by infectious disease experts around the world.
• Card reverse lists six features of the organism: diseases caused, pathogenesis, immunity, epidemiology, diagnosis, and control. Outline of human body shows at a glance where each organism causes disease.
• Browse cards in Card Flow view or alphabetically by "Name" or "Type." Tap on the card you want, then double-tap to turn it over. Swipe through the deck, from card to card, viewing card fronts or backs.
• Use “Stacks” to organize custom collections and create your own reference library. Example 1: Search “lung” to find all microbes that infect that organ. Example 2: To study for an exam on specific viruses, select them from the alphabetical “Name” list, or from the “Type” list where viruses are color-coded yellow.
• Use “Stacks” to compare individual Microbe Cards side-by-side. Example: Select the three types of hepatitis viruses from the “Name” or “Type” list to study differences in their epidemiology.
• Quiz yourself using “Search.” Type in a key word; results show cards containing that key word. Example: Which bacteria have a capsule (outer defensive covering)? Type in “capsule”; results show 10 bacteria and one fungus that are encapsulated.
• iPhone and iPod Touch versions support portrait and landscape orientations, and spread-and-pinch zoom.
Microbe Cards were created by Mark Peppler, Associate Professor (retired) in Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and published by the ASM Press. The app is a collaboration between EyeCue Cards, Wow You Design, and Digital Fractal Technologies.
Category: Medical, Education
What's New in Version 1.1
Performance improvements for iOS7
- Category: Medical
- Updated: May 02, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: EyeCue Cards, Inc.
- © ASM Press
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.