MicrobeWorld – Microbiology, Biotech & Life Science News, Video and Resources
Por Wizzard Media
Abre iTunes para comprar y descargar Apps.
If keeping up to date with MicrobeWorld's self-produced audio and video podcasts and life science-related news and information is important to you, MicrobeWorld now offers the most convenient way to do so on the go, in your car, at the gym or even in the lab. You can purchase the app for $4.99 for the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch from the iTunes store.
This multimedia application delivers content and news items from the following audio, video and online news sources:
This Week in Microbiology
This Week in Microbiology (TWiM) is a podcast about unseen life on Earth hosted by Vincent Racaniello and friends.
This Week in Virology
This Week in Virology (TWiV) is a podcast about viruses hosted by Vincent Racaniello and Dick Despommier, two science Professors at Columbia University Medical Center.
A video podcast by the American Society for Microbiology that highlights the latest in microbiology, life science, and related topics.
The podcast for microbe lovers: reporting on exciting news and research about bacteria, archaea, and sometimes even eukaryotic microbes and viruses. Hosted by Jesse Noar.
This Week in Parasitism
This Week in Parasitism (TWiP) is a podcast about eukaryotic parasites hosted by Vincent Racaniello and Dick Despommier.
Mundo de los Microbios con Gary Toranzos, Ph.D. (MicrobeWorld's weekly Spanish language podcast)
El Mundo de los Microbios es un programa educativo que consta de Podcasts semanales dirigidos a mejorar la comprension y apreciacion del rol vital que los microorganismos juegan en nuestro planeta y promover la microbiologia.
Meet the Scientist with Carl Zimmer (archive only)
In this (now retired) podcast, host Carl Zimmer talked with scientists about the work they do and what makes them tick. He gives listeners a glimpse of what scientists are really like and what is going on in cutting-edge research today.
The MicrobeWorld app features:
· Mobile access to all of MicrobeWorld's audio and video content.
· Bookmark and download MicrobeWorld shows
· Episode level bonus content such as videos, PDF files and more.
· Sort episodes by shows, played or unplayed.
· Find podcast episodes using the search bar.
· Access shownote links within the episode so you can read the bio of the guest or peruse a research paper mentioned in the conversation.
· Background play
· Playback resume
· Elect to receive push notifications so you are the first to know when new episodes are published or ASM has news or special offers to share. (We will use this feature sparingly and only send you what's important. You can always opt out under Settings on the iPhone if you decide you do not want to receive push notifications later on.)
· Email your comments and questions directly from your device.
· Call in to any MicrobeWorld podcast and get your comments on a show (iPhone only)
· Connect to MicrobeWorld and ASM updates via Facebook and Twitter in app.
· Share audio and video content via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
· In app user support - have a question or a problem related to the app? Connect with our support team.
How to Gift MicrobeWorld (iTunes only)
The MicrobeWorld iPhone and iPod Touch app makes a great gift for the science enthusiast, student or microbiologist in your life.
But wait a minute! How can you gift an app?
It's easy. To gift the MicrobeWorld app select the drop down menu next to the price in the iTunes app store. Choose the “Gift This App” option at the top of the drop down list.
At this point you will be taken to a page within iTunes to fill in your name and the recipient’s name and email address. You can also type in a personal message. To send the same gift to multiple email recipients, separate the addresses with commas.
Novedades de la versión 1.18.4
Corrected an issue that would not allow the app to boot when the device was offline.
Reseñas de usuarios
Because, Spring Break
And I don't feel like reading right now. Seriously though, you guys are awesome. I'm working on my Med Tech. BS and listening to shows like this helps me stay focused at least in the same realm of my studies during down time. A little conversational at times, but on the off chance I find a show relevant to my studies it's a real treat. Been listening to TWIM and TWIV on and off for about a year, and I'm hoping the app will help me organize some of these nuggets. Keep up the good work, happy to pay the 5 bucks. Cheers, and thank you for helping me keep it real.
Used to like this app, now I wouldn't recommend
I have had this app for over 2 years. At first it worked great and I love listening to the podcasts. However, over the last several months, especially the last few weeks, this app doesn't work. It loading takes several minutes, then crashes, at different points in it. It DESPERATELY needs an update for iOS! Please give us microbe geeks SOMETHING that works reliably.
I absolutely love this app! But the app crashes all the time and it needs an update and facelift as well. Please fix and update and upgrade!
- Categoría: Medicina
- Actualizado : 14/09/2012
- Versión: 1.18.4
- Tamaño: 7.9 MB
- Idioma: Inglés
- Vendedor: Wizzard Software
- © 2009 Wizzard Media
Compatibilidad: Requiere iOS 4.0 o posterior. Compatible con iPhone, iPad y iPod touch.