By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** View, create and edit Excel spreadsheets for free! **
The real Microsoft Excel app designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Now your Excel spreadsheets look better than ever on your tablet and phone. When you edit or create spreadsheets, you can be confident they will look exactly how you want across PC, Mac, tablet and phone. Excel has the familiar Office look and feel along with an intuitive touch experience, so you’ll be up and running in no time.
The core Excel experience is free, including viewing, creating and editing spreadsheets. You can unlock the full Excel experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription.
Excel spreadsheets provide insight
• Formulas, tables, charts, comments, PivotTables, sparklines, conditional formatting are all there, so you see the whole picture.
• Excel spreadsheets look great, just as they do on your PC or Mac.
• View email attachments and access all your Excel spreadsheets from OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
• Pick up from where you left off because Excel for iPad knows what spreadsheet you were working on last, no matter what device you were using.
• Print an entire Excel workbook, a worksheet or a selected range to an AirPrint printer.
Create and edit with confidence
• When you edit a spreadsheet, your content and formatting are maintained across all your devices – PC, Mac, tablet and phone.
• Turn numbers into insights, with support for formulas, charts, tables, sorting, filtering, and more.
• A special formula keyboard lets you add numbers and formulas rapidly – much easier than with the standard touch keyboard.
• Excel automatically saves your spreadsheet, so you can rest assured that you don’t lose all your work while you’re on the go.
• Simply share your work with others by emailing the spreadsheet, a hyperlink or a PDF.
A familiar Microsoft Office experience
• It’s easy to pick up the app and get started, because it’s like the Excel experience you already know.
• The familiar navigation and menu options are built for a touch experience. No keyboard required.
• On your phone, the ribbon is located at the bottom of the screen for easy access.
Sign in with a free Microsoft account to create or edit documents. A qualifying Office 365 subscription is required to unlock the full Office experience, and to access and save documents in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint. Qualifying plans include: Office 365 Personal, Office 365 Home, Office 365 Solo, Office 365 Service, Office 365 University, Office 365 Business, Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Small Business Premium, Office 365 Midsize Business, Office 365 Enterprise E3 and E4, Office 365 Government E3 and E4, Office 365 Education E3 and E4, Office 365 Nonprofit E3, Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 ProPlus for Students, Office 365 ProPlus for Faculty, Office 365 trial subscriptions.
If you don’t have a subscription, you can buy Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal within the app. With an Office 365 subscription, you get access to all features in Word, Excel and PowerPoint on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and you can install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote on PCs or Macs.
Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your iTunes account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renew is disabled beforehand. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be disabled by going to your iTunes account settings after purchase. A subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 1.7.2
• Bug fixes
Works Great! I deleted QuickOffice.
I have been using Quickoffice on my iPhone to work with spreadsheets I made on my PC in Excel. Many features did not work. I am really happy about this app. I have a subscription to office 365 but was never happy with the mobile version until now. I am glad that frozen rows work and return to move down a cell. Love the Dropbox integration. I would it if there were a save button in addition to auto save. Having a manual save button makes me more comfortable after entering lots of data. If there was an auto save verification with time stamp that would be ok too. I don't want to turn off auto save and use the manual. Just want both thanks! Great work. Looks like you all really really focussed on the end user experience. Thanks!
Finally areal version of Excel
I can now leave my bulky PC laptop at home and be productive on the road with my iPad Mini! Most everything translated fine with touch but do have to get used to a few annoying things. I really just need a mouse. Of course it won't replace using it on a laptop or home computer when I really have many spreadsheets to work on but its great on the road with my templates that I just have to input some data and send to home office. No bug that I can find and it has never crashed. Thanks MS!
Great iOS conversion
I was able to use this app without having to learn new commands. Movement and navigation is fluid.
I'm using this to track my mortgage payoffs as well as basic household expenses. It let me create my own spreadsheets to fit my needs.
It has a subscription service to use major functions and to be able to share with your other apple products.
Overall a solid port.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 20, 2015
- Version: 1.7.2
- Size: 241 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Personal$6.99
- Office 365 Home$99.99
- Office 365 Home$9.99
- Office 365 Personal$69.99
- Office 365 Home$79.99
- Office 365 Personal$5.99
- Office 365 Home$94.99