By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** View, create and edit Excel spreadsheets for free! **
The real Microsoft Excel app designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Now your Excel spreadsheets look better than ever on your tablet and phone. When you edit or create spreadsheets, you can be confident they will look exactly how you want across PC, Mac, tablet and phone. Excel has the familiar Office look and feel along with an intuitive touch experience, so you’ll be up and running in no time.
The core Excel experience is free, including viewing, creating and editing spreadsheets. You can unlock the full Excel experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription.
Excel spreadsheets provide insight
• Formulas, tables, charts, comments, PivotTables, sparklines, conditional formatting are all there, so you see the whole picture.
• Excel spreadsheets look great, just as they do on your PC or Mac.
• View email attachments and access all your Excel spreadsheets from OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
• Pick up from where you left off because Excel for iPad knows what spreadsheet you were working on last, no matter what device you were using.
• Print an entire Excel workbook, a worksheet or a selected range to an AirPrint printer.
Create and edit with confidence
• When you edit a spreadsheet, your content and formatting are maintained across all your devices – PC, Mac, tablet and phone.
• Turn numbers into insights, with support for formulas, charts, tables, sorting, filtering, and more.
• A special formula keyboard lets you add numbers and formulas rapidly – much easier than with the standard touch keyboard.
• Excel automatically saves your spreadsheet, so you can rest assured that you don’t lose all your work while you’re on the go.
• Simply share your work with others by emailing the spreadsheet, a hyperlink or a PDF.
A familiar Microsoft Office experience
• It’s easy to pick up the app and get started, because it’s like the Excel experience you already know.
• The familiar navigation and menu options are built for a touch experience. No keyboard required.
• On your phone, the ribbon is located at the bottom of the screen for easy access.
Sign in with a free Microsoft account to create or edit documents. A qualifying Office 365 subscription is required to unlock the full Office experience, and to access and save documents in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint. Qualifying plans include: Office 365 Personal, Office 365 Home, Office 365 Solo, Office 365 Service, Office 365 University, Office 365 Business, Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Small Business Premium, Office 365 Midsize Business, Office 365 Enterprise E3 and E4, Office 365 Government E3 and E4, Office 365 Education E3 and E4, Office 365 Nonprofit E3, Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 ProPlus for Students, Office 365 ProPlus for Faculty, Office 365 trial subscriptions.
If you don’t have a subscription, you can buy Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal within the app. With an Office 365 subscription, you get access to all features in Word, Excel and PowerPoint on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and you can install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote on PCs or Macs.
Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your iTunes account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renew is disabled beforehand. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be disabled by going to your iTunes account settings after purchase. A subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 1.12
• Send with Outlook: send a spreadsheet as an Outlook email attachment and return to Excel
• Integration with Outlook: edit a spreadsheet attached to an Outlook email message. When you’re done, the updated spreadsheet will be attached to a new email message, ready to send.
Works well with my Anker Keyboard and has all or most of the features I got to know and love in Office 2007 pro. It at least has those features that I use. As a diabetic it keeps a running tab on my blood sugar and blood pressure, so I use it every day. I have been using it for several months now and it hasn't failed me yet. The connection to the cloud isn't as great so I save the spread sheet manually, as that works better than the auto-save feature. But as performance goes I would rate it A-one.
I use it to make spreadsheets for all our medical history. I find it easy to update. I also update a spreadsheet for our monthly and yearly expenses which I created on Excel on my desktop PC and update using my IPad. I love not having to turn on the desktop and stay in my office to update my files. I can update all my files while sitting in the car, the living room and even on my front porch. Then I just print from there using my IPad also.
Documents disappeared when I upgraded (update)
What's up with that!!!
update: well, I found the documents. It wasn't obvious, but they were there. Apparently not all docs are retained in "recents" when upgraded. Love the app and use it almost daily. Easy to use and share with my Mac. Every once in awhile it says file too large. I close it and reopen and then it's fine. I don't understand that. I regularly save important spreadsheets to dropbox.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 12, 2015
- Version: 1.12
- Size: 321 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Personal$6.99
- Office 365 Home$99.99
- Office 365 Home$9.99
- Office 365 Personal$69.99
- Office 365 Home$79.99
- Office 365 Personal$5.99
- Office 365 Home$94.99