Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPad
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPad requires a Lync Server or Office365/Lync Online account and will not work without it. If you are unsure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
Lync 2010 for iPad extends the power of Lync to your mobile device – including rich presence, instant messaging, audio conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
- View colleagues’ availability in real time and select the best way to communicate – initiating an instant message (IM), email, or a phone call.
- Connect to Lync conference calls with a single touch, without requiring long numeric passcodes or conference numbers.
- Make and receive calls using your Enterprise Voice (Lync ID) number only, so you can connect with others using a single, consistent identity.
- Lync 2010 for iPad provides transport layer security (TLS) and perimeter/internal network protection without requiring a VPN, so your communications experience is safer no matter where you are or what network you use.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER 2010 OR OFFICE365/LYNC ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER 2010 MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
What's New in Version 4.7
In a pinch only
I use this only when I need to quickly message someone in my organization who I know is available. You can message people, and view a quick overview of your calendar. You cannot use and enjoy any other of Lync's features, such as seeing your missed conversations, joining Lync meetings, or changing font size and color. It lets you know someone tried to contact you, but not what they said, a little embarrassing asking many people to repeat what they said, makes me sound almost like a young, half deaf, idiot.
Nothing more than IM
I got this on my iPad thinking it would do everything Lync does on my computer. Sadly, it only does instant messaging and shows meeting material (if you can get it to work). You have to provide a phone number to be called at if you want audio during a meeting. The voice/video call isn't supported (I was hoping it would since I have a camera and mic on my iPad). Now I understand all the poor ratings. Just a waste of my time.
Fonts are too small, especially on the iPhone!
The App is pretty good for use away from a full laptop or computer. The only problem that I see so far is no ability to adjust the font size nor the ability to zoom the screen so that I could increase the text size. Please add these features!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 11, 2013
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2011 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.