Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPad
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPad requires a Lync Server or Office365/Lync Online account and will not work without it. If you are unsure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
Lync 2010 for iPad extends the power of Lync to your mobile device – including rich presence, instant messaging, audio conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
- View colleagues’ availability in real time and select the best way to communicate – initiating an instant message (IM), email, or a phone call.
- Connect to Lync conference calls with a single touch, without requiring long numeric passcodes or conference numbers.
- Make and receive calls using your Enterprise Voice (Lync ID) number only, so you can connect with others using a single, consistent identity.
- Lync 2010 for iPad provides transport layer security (TLS) and perimeter/internal network protection without requiring a VPN, so your communications experience is safer no matter where you are or what network you use.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER 2010 OR OFFICE365/LYNC ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER 2010 MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
What's New in Version 4.7
In a pinch only
I use this only when I need to quickly message someone in my organization who I know is available. You can message people, and view a quick overview of your calendar. You cannot use and enjoy any other of Lync's features, such as seeing your missed conversations, joining Lync meetings, or changing font size and color. It lets you know someone tried to contact you, but not what they said, a little embarrassing asking many people to repeat what they said, makes me sound almost like a young, half deaf, idiot.
Once again it's what I expect from Microsoft Office products
I have an Office 365 subscription and pretty much wasted my money on it. All the applications are nearly useless (Word, Excel, etc). The worst of all these are Outlook and Lync. Outlook isn't capable of the simplest scheduling tools like recurring events and tasks. I decided to try Lync. It doesn't even connect. I tried many various configurations and nothing worked. So like I did with Outlook, I deleted this pathetic excuse for software off my iPad Pro also. Wake Up Microsoft. You are a software company. Start acting like one!
This app doesn't notify you if it isn't opened and running in the foreground. If it is running in the background, you will receive the message but there's no notification. And you will only receive messages if you initiated the conversation from your iOS device. If someone initiated the conversation then the message will only go to the app on your computer. And messages don't sync between your iOS device and computer. You only see conversations that originated from the device.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 11, 2013
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2011 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.