Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPhone requires a Lync Server or Office365/Lync Online account and will not work without it. If you are unsure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
Lync 2010 for iPhone extends the power of Lync to your mobile device – including rich presence, instant messaging, audio conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
- View colleagues’ availability in real time and select the best way to communicate – initiating an instant message (IM), email, or a phone call.
- Connect to Lync conference calls with a single touch, without requiring long numeric passcodes or conference numbers.
- Make and receive calls using your Enterprise Voice (Lync ID) number only, so you can connect with others using a single, consistent identity.
- Lync 2010 for iPhone provides transport layer security (TLS) and perimeter/internal network protection without requiring a VPN, so your communications experience is safer no matter where you are or what network you use.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER 2010 OR OFFICE365/LYNC ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER 2010 MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
What's New in Version 4.7
Love it but hate it
I love the fact that I can stay connected to my team while away but it seems more focus was placed on the Lync 2013 ios version. A lot of people would agree that not all businesses will upgrade from 2010 to 2013 right away, some cases 2015 can come out and businesses will still be using 2010. My point is that, this app will not sync with the desktop version, I should be able to leave my desk, open my app and continue my conversations. No notifications and if I get one it's usually while I'm using the desktop version. Also there is no support for iphone 5, though it seems to work on iphone 5 it's limited since there has been no updates. Microsoft is used a lot for businesses and for them to be slacking like this is unacceptable, get on the ball Microsoft.
Not As Good As Desktop Version
I really enjoy Lync as a corporate collaboration tool. Lync allows me to manage my team effectively. Chat, voice calls and video chat allows me to communicate with my team anywhere we are. I was excited when Lync 2010 was released for iOS; however, it is not as good as the desktop version. There are connectivity issues, notification issues, presence issues and limited support to iPhone 5 users. Most large companies do not upgrade as soon as a new release to a software is released. It would be great to see the issues listed above in Lync 2010 for iOS. If these issues were addressed, I would have rated this app with 5 stars. Currently, I do not use this app due to it's issues.
Basically works. Needs notifications.
I first installed the app today. Easy to set up and I logged in fine. My Lync contacts were all there and I was able to message a few of my coworkers.
However the connection either drops when I switch to another app, or I've had especially bad luck with my network connection. I have all notification types enabled but so far only a badge icon seems to appear and that only after I opened the app and read the new message. Around the same time I got the "missed conversation" email.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 11, 2013
- Version: 4.7
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2011 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.