Lync 2013 for iPhone
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lync 2013 for iPhone extends the power of Lync and Skype for Business to your iPhone – including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
• View shared meeting content during a conference
• Initiate a group conversation (IM or Video) and invite additional participants
• Join, rejoin and initiate a Lync / Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas
• Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participants’ modalities
• Transfer your calls to another phone number or another contact
• Pick up your conversations from the point where you left off
• Join a Lync / Skype for Business Meeting even if you don’t have an account
• Enhanced Security with Lync certificate and passive authentication
Anyone can use the Lync Mobile app when invited to a Lync 2013 / Skype for Business meeting. However, you must have a Lync / Skype for Business account in order to enjoy the full capabilities of the app. Some functionality might require an update to your server or might not be available to all users. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER, SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER, OR OFFICE 365 / SKYPE FOR BUSINESS ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
What's New in Version 5.7.563
This thing eats messages. Notifications show up and mysteriously disappear just as quickly. When you open up the app, there is no trace of the message anywhere. Furthermore, the messages don't show up on any computers that were signed into Lync as well because of this. Also, when messages do come through properly, there is no traceback of the conversation on other devices. Skype does this and Lync is supposedly Skype for Business. Hangouts does this. iMessage does this. Let's be honest, every modern messaging platform does this. This app is completely useless yet I have to leave installed on my phone because I am a field employee and my company uses it as their de facto messaging platform.
Come on, Microsoft!!
I use this because my corporate IM solution is Lync. It beats not having a mobile option, but is lame: It does not sync with the desktop version, it does not show conversations started on desktop, it drains my phone battery way too quickly, it does not allow certain kinds of sharing sessions initiated from the desktop. When the other party is offline, it will not deliver a message so your text is gone. In this day and age of GroupMe, Messenger, and Slack, Lync is just lame. Come on, Microsoft!! You have to do better!!
So much potential but currently not a real good messaging app. Was really hoping for it to be more intuitive. It constantly says it couldn't reach the person to send the message but it does appear the message arrives. It's a very confusing app. Was hoping it would be more like the Facebook messenger app and it's not! Being able to go from PC to mobile would make sense on something that is designed for Business but it doesn't do that either!!! Very disappointing.
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 29, 2015
- Version: 5.7.563
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.