Microsoft Outlook - email and calendar
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.
What's New in Version 2.38.0
All of our weekly updates include performance improvements and bug fixes to make Outlook better for you. Here are other improvements we think you’ll also enjoy this week:
- Users with a large number of folders should see improved performance.
- We received feedback on the initials we used to show your accounts in the new sidebar. You can now customize this by updating your account description.
As always, feel free to send us any comments or question through our in-app support in Settings, we’d love to hear from you.
Not quite there yet.
If you use Outlook for work, you'll probably like this app, but it will leave you dissatisfied. It's not clear to me yet, for example, that I can edit contacts using this app. Maybe I can, but the process for doing so is far from intuitive. In other words, I haven't figured that out yet, and there is not much help available. Also, accidentally swiping an email in the wrong direction sends it to an archive. If you haven't set the archive up on your app, it will take you a long time to find out where you accidentally sent that email. If it is an important email that you need, you will be in panic mode for a while. Little details like this need some attention.
Can't do anything if an account doesn't work
Yahoo is currently having problems with Outlook, and the options are either to try to futilely log into Yahoo again, which will result in an unknown error message, or to delete the account entirely. There needs to be a cancel button on the notification that asks to re-login to the account. This has happened with OneDrive in previous weeks. It's frustrating that an app that works well most of the time hasn't thought about a fix for this issue, which disables the entire app if login credentials do not work for just one service.
Keep it up
Keep the good work coming. This app is really useful and doesn't get the recognition it deserves. In a day and age where everything is quick and flashy...outlook mobile is taking its time making sure things are done correctly.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 16, 2017
- Version: 2.38.0
- Size: 194 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.