Microsoft Outlook - email and calendar
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.
What's New in Version 2.34
Big changes ahead this week. We’ve completely redesigned how email conversations look inside of Outlook to make reading and replying easier and faster than before.
Here’s an in-depth look at what changed:
- We now show all messages uncollapsed and provide clearer separation between messages in a conversation for easier scanning.
- When tapping on a conversation in your inbox, we will now automatically position you where you last left off. No more scrolling around to find the message you need to read first.
- You can now see and scroll through previous messages while replying to a conversation. Tap in the quick reply box at the bottom of the screen to try it out.
This feature is progressively rolling out for Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo and iCloud accounts. Office 365 accounts will follow soon.
Let us know how you like our new conversation view. Feel free to send us any comment or question through our in-app support in Settings, we’d love to hear from you.
Overall good, but an annoying bug in the latest update
Overall this app is great. It is clean and easy to use. There are many features that I wish the desktop Outlook would incorporate, like being able to easily send calendar availability in an email.
The latest update has an annoying bug though which prevents this from getting five stars. When you reply all, the app includes yourself in the send so unless you manually delete yourself you will receive your own email. The prior version didn't have this problem. Support was easy to get to through the app, but at first they told me this behavior was normal and even that desktop Outlook worked this way which is not true. Then they said they couldn't fix it but would let someone know. This bug really hurts my everyday productivity and I hope it is fixed soon.
Hi - Why would you hide the "flag" feature in this update?? I see where it is, but I am driving around bw clients and my crews all day, and constantly flagging emails that I need to address when I get back to my office. Taking it away from a prominent place within the open email is a step in the wrong direction, in my opinion. Prior to this update, a flagged email was indicated by the flag appearing in red. I remember that was visible within the email, but I dont recall if it was visible while looking at the inbox. Now, it doesnt show up anywhere. There arent any quick, visual indicators that an email has already been flagged. Was there overwhelming demand to remove the flag icon? If not, why fix something that isnt broken, just for the sake of "improvement?" I would like to see the flag restored to where it was pre-update. Thanks.
Feature wish list
I like the app and will continue to use it, but there are 2key missing features / fixes that prevent me from giving a 5 star rating:
1) When I create a new calendar item, it doesn't immediately show up on the Outlook calendar on my phone (i.e. it's not visible). I know it was successfully scheduled because I can see it in my Apple Calendar immediately, but this is a key bug to fix. The only reason I continue to use Apple Calendar is because of this bug.
2) When creating a new calendar item, I can't flip back to email or contacts while in the meeting creation process. This is painful when trying to remember names, times, conference numbers, etc.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 18, 2017
- Version: 2.34
- Size: 191 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.