Microsoft Outlook - email and calendar
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.
What's New in Version 2.16.0
Shared Calendars are now available in Outlook. What this means for you:
– See who you're sharing your calendar with by tapping on the settings wheel next to your calendar's name. You'll also see the default permissions that others in your organisation have.
– Share your calendar with other people, edit permissions or remove them without heading back to your computer.
(Available to Outlook.com users; being rolled out to O365 users.)
Good integration, bad aesthetics
Still needs a compact view in email. Until then, this app remains unusable. I can only see 5 emails. Such a waste of a good app. Ugh.
Plus the constant Reply and Forward arrows on the bottom of the email screen (persistent) is a huge waste of space.
Great idea. Poor design.
Love being able to flip back and forth between mail, calendar and files. Amazing.
Change the number of lines in Email!!!!!
I don't use this app because it's four lines per email, plus white space. Waste of space. I can see 5 emails on my iPhone 6. Wasteful. Won't use this app till that changes.
But the size and spacing of things is poorly done. Everything takes up too much room (big fonts, too much white space) meaning a lot of scrolling. Please fix this and I'll be a permanent convert.
Most annoying is mail. You can see maybe 4 emails in the list (iPhone 6).
Reading emails is annoying to big degree. Outlook puts the Reply, Reply All and Forward buttons at the bottom of the reading pane permanently. And it takes up a lot of unnecessary room. A huge amount for what it should be.
For email chains it sometimes puts it at the very bottom of the last email (how it should be), but for others it's permanently there, taking up space and just waiting for you to accidentally hit it. So. Annoying.
It is the biggest reason I don't use the all for emails. Can't read much and have to constantly scroll. Not worth it.
Improving, Now 3 Full Stars
The app started out as just a rebadged version of Accompli, which Microsoft bought because its internal efforts at a real email program in iOS devices were pathetic. There's been some real effort at beefing up the app, but sometimes it's a real head scratcher whether the developers really use the program or just work off a desired features list.
Two big issues which seem like they should be easy to fix, and I'd move the rating up one start.
First, it's incomprehensible why you can add an attachment to an email from a cloud service, but not from native storage on the iPad. So, laboriously I copy a draft from the iPad to Dropbox, then I can attach to an Outlook document.
And, frustratingly, I need full Exchange calendar integration that's better than the Apple Calendar app. It's not yet in this app. Sadly, the Apple calendar is better, which is quite a statement.
I still have items that sync from Exchange calendar that I can't modify, even though I can see them. Especially if the time has been moved in Apple calendar and re-synced into Exchange. I need to categorize calendar items (tentative, out of office, etc). I need to be able to mark meetings as private. And on and on...
So, I'm appreciating the improvements but still wondering why a better version is so hard.
First off, I really enjoy using the app. I prefer it to the built in mail application as well as every other mail application I've used. It's one of the most stable, light weight, and intuitive applications I've used.
However, there are a few things I would like to see added. From a usability standpoint I would really like to be able to decide which emails are being put into the 'other' mailbox rather than them being put there automatically. I would also like to be able to slide between mailboxes as I typically use the app one handedly.
All in all, it's a great app but would love to see some more features to help the apps usability.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 14, 2017
- Version: 2.16.0
- Size: 172 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.