Microsoft Outlook - email and calendar
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.
What's New in Version 2.8.0
This week is all about our inner beauty. And by that, we mean bug fixes and app improvements. Don't worry though, we’re still hard at work to bring you new features. Questions or comments? Let us know through our in-app support.
Good integration, bad aesthetics
Need a compact view in email. Until then, this app remains unusable. I can only see 5 emails. Such a waste of a good app.
Plus the constant Reply and Forward arrows on the bottom of the email screen (persistent) is a huge waste of space.
Great idea. Poor design.
Love being able to flip back and forth between mail, calendar and files. Amazing.
Change the number of lines in Email!!!!!
I don't use this app because it's four lines per email, plus white space. Waste of space. I can see 5 emails on my iPhone 6. Wasteful. Won't use this app till that changes.
But the size and spacing of things is poorly done. Everything takes up too much room (big fonts, too much white space) meaning a lot of scrolling. Please fix this and I'll be a permanent convert.
Most annoying is mail. You can see maybe 4 emails in the list (iPhone 6).
Reading emails is annoying to big degree. Outlook puts the Reply, Reply All and Forward buttons at the bottom of the reading pane permanently. And it takes up a lot of unnecessary room. A huge amount for what it should be.
For email chains it sometimes puts it at the very bottom of the last email (how it should be), but for others it's permanently there, taking up space and just waiting for you to accidentally hit it. So. Annoying.
It is the biggest reason I don't use the all for emails. Can't read much and have to constantly scroll. Not worth it.
I love this app. It's compatible with my school email which up until now it was impossible to find an app that was. I get notified of new emails with descriptions the same way a text or news app updates me. No more finding out last minute of a teacher changing an assignment, no more finding out class is canceled when I'm already on the train to class, no more anxiety that I need to sign into my school email every 2 seconds to stay up to date. This app does it for me. You can even easily set swipe functions for deleting or moving emails. I haven't quite figured out the whole point of the "focus" sub group under inbox but that can easily be turned off in settings. That note aside, I highly recommend this app.
Latest update is flakey
I like this app most of the time, but the latest update broke a few things. First and foremost, events have stopped syncing to my Apple Watch Outlook calendar complication and the actual watch app now crashes when I try to open it. On my phone, email notifications are often shown errantly and at seemingly random times. Emails will show up and not send a notification while others will do the opposite after they've been deleted. I never used to have any of these issues, so I don't think I've done anything to cause new behaviors other than updating the app. The email issued on my phone may have actually started after the update before last, but I'm not sure. Regardless, something is broken.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 18, 2017
- Version: 2.8.0
- Size: 164 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.