By Microsoft Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Outlook lets you bring all your email accounts and calendars in one convenient spot. Whether it’s staying on top of your inbox or scheduling the next big thing, we make it easy to be your most productive, organized, and connected self.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
- Focus on the right things with our smart inbox - we help you sort between messages you need to act on straight away and everything else.
- Swipe to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- Find everything you're looking for with our new search experience, including files, contacts, and your upcoming trips.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
- Bring all the apps you love in Outlook, including Facebook, Evernote, Trello, and more.
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
What's New in Version 2.56.0
All of our weekly updates include performance improvements and bug fixes to make Outlook better for you.
Feel free to send us any comments or question through our in-app support in Settings, we’d love to hear from you.
A gem marred by fundamental problems
This app is superior to the built in iOS Calendar and Mail apps in almost every way. And yet I use it infrequently, only when I really need its capabilities. I’d love to use it exclusively. So why don’t I? Three big reasons. (1) it’s slow to start. When I open Mail, it’s always there. No load time. When I open Outlook, I can wait 1-3 seconds for the darn thing to load if it hasn’t been active recently. That’s a drag. (2) what’s worse, the messages are not auto downloaded. So I open the app, then wait for 5-10 seconds or pull down to refresh and wait 5 seconds to see new messages. What? Why?! (3) minor... but I’d like to have calendar and mail separately so I can look up my calendar while responding to an email.
Microsoft, please, please solve at least issues 1 and 2 and I will happily carry the banner of Outlook for iOS. Until then you are just upsetting me but giving me such a fantastic app that I can’t use effectively due to these major flaws.
This has been a lifesaver!!
I live in a disaster area where the entire grid and infrastructure was wiped out several months ago. To pile problems on, the large corporation I work for decided this would be a good time to update their security causing me to lose access to my email were it not for the fact that I had this program onboard my cell phone. Three months after the storm we still do not have Internet or power in most places and only one reliably working cell phone provider. If it were not for 4G and programs like this one I would have no access to the outside world and my business would not be functioning
Clicking on email notification doesn't bring you to email
2.56.0 update: Drafts section doesn’t show any drafts from my hotmail email that show up in the desktop interface.
2.56.0: cannot attach multiple photos at once in an email
Overall the app is clean and good. The Yahoo email app "shies" in comparison to this app. I wanted to delete the yahoo email app and just keep this app since it can add the yahoo account to it. But the first negative thing I noticed is that I tried to search for a receipt and it wouldn't return any results. I used the same keywords in the yahoo app and it worked fine. I guess this is a kink I encountered.
-I hate that when I switch apps and then switch back, the opened email window goes back to the main menu and I have to dig back through the email thread to find it
-Whenever I receive a notification about an email, I clicked on it and it brings me to a page that says that it cannot find that email
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 18, 2017
- Version: 2.56.0
- Size: 210 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.