By Microsoft Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“The best email app for the iPhone.” - The Verge
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
Seamless inbox management
- A “Focused” inbox that displays your most important messages first. The more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- Swipe gestures to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Smart filters to help you sort through your inbox.
Easy access to calendar and files
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox, and more, without having to download them to your phone.
Work on the go
- Open Word, Excel, or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
- Set your Out of Office messages directly from your iPhone or iPad.
- Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
Try other great Microsoft apps for iOS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Skype, and Wunderlist.
What's New in Version 2.51.0
Support for iPhone X is here, for all those rocking Apple’s latest device.
All of our weekly updates also include performance improvements and bug fixes to make Outlook better for you. Questions or comments? Let us know through our in-app support in Settings, we’d love to hear from you.
Needs sub folder notifications
Great app for email and calendar. Solid performance in this area with one major exception: My email is based on Exchange 2013 - a Microsoft product - and I have lots of folders and rely heavily on the “rules” feature that automatically routes incoming emails to specific folders at the server level. More than half of the emails I receive fall into this category. Yet the iOS Outlook app deals very poorly with this feature. I do not receive any notifications of such incoming emails. In fact, not only do I have to manually scroll through my folders to see if I just happened to receive new email in that folder, I also have to manually “pull down” the list in each folder to ensure what I’m being shown is the latest status. Most times it is not. This is a critical problem with this app that Microsoft has known about for years (just search their own knowledge forums) and has done nothing about. If they are serious about making an email app for iOS and Exchange users, they would devote the necessary resources to resolve this issue. I would rate this app 5 stars once this long standing problem has been resolved.
Not possible to access iCloud files
My employer uses Microsoft outlook for email. This would not be a problem if not for this apps inability to attach documents I store on my iCloud. All my devices (watch, phone, laptop, iPads) are apple devices. I store all of my important files on iCloud. If I am replying to an email and want to send an attachment, I’m out of luck. When I click on attach, the Files section does not include iCloud.
I decided to have my Google Drive sync my most heavily used work-related folder on my iCloud. But when I try to set up that account under Files, it fails and I get a notification to contact support.
Support seems really communicative however. They are definitely interested in helping me make this work. Unfortunately, when I see a support notification pop up, I cannot even open the conversation without first trying to set up my Google Drive, then having it fail, then seeing the pop up with a link to contact customer support. There is no way to access the customer support chat without forcing something to go wrong then opening up the chat window. This is a definite flaw in the iPad version of this app!
In a time of so many working apps...
In an age in which there are so many apps that one can download to their phone, why would anyone choose to use this.
Glitchy, constantly crashes. Very poorly organized. What I mean is that every time I update this app I have to go into the setting menu and turn off the featured email, feature. Because that feature is worthless. It makes it hard to get to my newest emails, or god forbid I want to find an old email.
This app is slow to load, slow to maneuver, and just generally unpleasant to use.
It seems to have trouble connecting to the outlook servers, so that often emails that I have deleted are still in my inbox when I sign back in, although the app does like to move them to the featured list. So the emails that I definitely don’t want I am sure to see every time I log in.
Then if you are silly enough to try to edit your archive, or really any of your folders, don’t select more that two or three to move or erase at a time, because the app can’t handle you selecting more than that. It will crash and you will have to start all over.
Just a bad app. I think that you would be better off with one of those free kinda crappy email apps. At least they don’t pretend to be useful or awesome.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 16, 2017
- Version: 2.51.0
- Size: 214 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.