Microsoft Pix Camera
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Microsoft Pix named one of the 50 Best Apps of the Year – Time Magazine
“Microsoft might have just made the best and easiest camera app for the iPhone and iPad.” – Napier Lopez, The Next Web
“I found that Microsoft Pix produces photos that are plain old better in some cases…” – Jordan Novet, VentureBeat
Take better photos without extra effort! Microsoft Pix has serious intelligence behind the lens, so it is a bit like having a pro photographer inside your camera – tweaking settings, selecting the best shots, and enhancing them on the fly – to help people and scenes look their best. It’s designed to help take the guesswork out of getting great photos, so now you can just enjoy the moment, instead of struggling to capture it! Microsoft Pix: Point. Shoot. Perfect.
Top 10 Features
• NEW PIX STYLES! Completely transform your photos with artistic styles and watch as your artwork gets created
• Smart settings – Automatically checks scene and lighting between each shutter tap, and updates settings between each shot.
• Face recognition – People are the most important photo subjects, so when it detects a face in the shot, it automatically optimizes settings to help people look their best.
• Moment capture - Captures a burst of frames every time you tap the shutter button, including frames before and after your tap, so you won’t miss the right moment.
• Best Image(s) - Automatically selects up to 3 of the best and most unique shots from the burst, and immediately deletes the rest, so you don’t waste your phone’s storage or your time comparing and storing similar frames.
• Image quality – Uses discarded burst frames to enhance each Best Image, improving exposure and color, and reducing noise and blur.
• Live Image – Automatically creates a short, looping video, by stitching together the frames from the burst into a Live Image, but ONLY when it senses motion in your shot, so it won’t waste a ton of your phone’s memory.
• Hyperlapse – Videos shot with Microsoft Pix are automatically stabilized for smoother playback, and can be time lapsed and saved at many different speeds.
• Auto-sync - Seamlessly syncs to your camera roll, so you don't have to individually import or save your photos and videos to your camera roll.
• Widgets and 3D Touch – Where available, 3D touch and Today and Lock screen widgets are enabled, so you can jump directly into photo capture, selfie capture, video capture or gallery.
What's New in Version 1.0.39
* NEW FEATURE: Pix Styles— Turn your photos into works of art!
* NEW FEATURE: Pix Painting— See your masterpiece being created!
* IMPROVED: Reduced app size. Pix is now available over cellular networks.
* IMPROVED: Stability and performance upgrades
Also-ran in photo editing
It's nice that you can change some settings when taking photos, but the editing, which is more-important to me, is really basic, mostly weird filters. I'd rather use the standard Apple app.
I don't understand why anyone would rate this 5 stars, when there are much better apps, like Camera+, Camera Plus, Polarr, Photoshop Express, etc.
UPDATE: Response to Developer comments: Under-the-hood features are fine and dandy, but I stated that I wanted it for an editing app, not for taking shots so no benefit to me. And my images have no need for artistic filters.
Crash so often when trying to smalLish useless app.
After latest update, it works mow. Thanks to developer for personal message and attention.
Solid until or maybe user error
Enjoyed previous version until latest update. Styles works great if that is what you are wanting. For some reason the basic Enhance with previous host of photo filters and adjustments is greyed out and non-functioning on my iphone7+.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 21, 2017
- Version: 1.0.39
- Size: 93.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).