Use the new Microsoft Remote Desktop app to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your administrator. The app helps you be productive no matter where you are.
Configure your PC for remote access first by download the Remote Desktop assistant to your PC and let it do the work for you: https://aka.ms/rdsetup.
• Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server
• Access remote resources published by your IT administrator
• Connect remotely through a Remote Desktop Gateway
• Secure connection to your data and applications
• Streamlined management of your connections from the connection center
• High quality video and audio streaming
Learn more about remote desktop apps at: https://aka.ms/rdapps.
Thanks for all the feedback sent to us through the App Store, in-app feedback and email. We’re working hard to make this app better with each release. In this version we addressed the following issues:
• Added dark mode support for macOS Mojave 10.14.
• An option to import from Microsoft Remote Desktop 8 now appears in the Connection Center if it is empty.
• Addressed folder redirection compatibility with some third party enterprise applications.
• Resolved issues where users were getting a 0x30000069 RD Gateway error due to security protocol fallback issues.
• Fixed progressive rendering issues some users were experiencing with fit to window mode.
• Fixed a bug that prevented file copy and paste from copying the latest version of a file.
• Improved mouse-based scrolling for small scroll deltas.
Please keep the feedback coming. We read it all. If you encounter any errors, you can always contact us via Help > Report an Issue.
Note: If hardware acceleration (specified in app preferences) is not available or enabled, there will be a tradeoff between the graphics rendering performance and the quality of some text in the remote session. As the interpolation quality (specified in app preferences) is increased, some text in the remote session will appear sharper, but graphics rendering performance will decrease. This side-effect will be especially evident in fit to window mode. In the absence of hardware acceleration, if graphics rendering performance is important, the interpolation quality should be set to None, with the result that some text will appear blurry, but rendering performance will be more optimal.
Ratings and Reviews
Resolution Scaling is HORRIBLE.
Never had an issue scaling the window in RDP 8.
Text is literally illegible the resolution scaling is so poor in the new client.
This program literally has ONE JOB - can I see and interact with my remote windows client and it fails completely at that.
version 10.2.4 still has a rendering bug
They fixed the rendering bug in version 10.2.4, but only if you use Color Quality = High (32 bit). If you use Color Quality = Medium (16 bit), the rendering is actually slightly worse now, in that it stays fuzzy all of the time. With the prior version, it would flicker back and forth between clear and fuzzy.
Start Menu missing quite often
When I remote desktop into a Win10 machine the start menu when I open it doesn't always show the apps/tiles and is blank. Then after awhile the start menu will not even appear at all.
When the menu does open but no icons if I click on the start button several times it may show the icons then OR sometimes moving the mouse pointer around in circles over the start menu will help the apps/tiles appear.
When the menu won't appear at all I have to reboot the machine. It happens DAILY. Total annoyance.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.