Microsoft Remote Desktop
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience a rich Windows experience with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are.
Windows Professional and Windows Server editions are supported. To view the full list of supported Windows versions and successfully connect to a Windows PC, read the FAQ at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473015.aspx
* Access to remote resources through your Remote Desktop Gateway
*Rich multi-touch experience that supports Windows gestures and RemoteFX
* Secure connection to your data and applications
* Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
* Seamless audio and video streaming
* Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations
* Support for Azure RemoteApp
What's New in Version 8.1.15
• Fixed issues with connecting to apps in Azure RemoteApp and remote resources.
• Added an option to turn off connection previews.
Very stable works great
This app is awesome.
I can quickly access my desktop from my iPhone or iPad. I also use it on my Mac Mini and it is perfect.
There are so many times I just need to access just one file that isn't in a cloud service, and this iPhone app works great.
Using the little mouse is intuitive on the iPhone and using either the touch or mouse is great on the larger iPad.
Once you get connected, it seems to always work. Once I figured out all of the server/host/user stuff I was able to setup all of my other guys at work with access to their desktops.
The only tricky part is the right clicking is slightly finicky ( it seems to be hold one finger down, tap the other, but it takes me a couple tries) and the click/dragging is not intuitive or impossible. Swapping over to touch screen is not giving me success.
There doesn't seem to be instructions or tips anywhere and I think I have tapped all of the little settings and other nameless buttons.
The stability and connections are better than my RDP icons i had to exclusively use on my PC laptop.
It's better meaning the other day, while remoting using my PC laptop, I got disconnected a few times, and each time I was able to use this app to prove that I could connect and it seemed to reset some data connection and the PC connection reconnected. It's probably just magic.
If you already use RDP stuff this app is perfect.
An App That Works
If you are not familiar with MS RDP functionality you will probably be frustrated with setting this up. However, as an IT Manager, this app is priceless. This app is stable, secure and provides good access on a larger screen format to a Windows 7 or 10 PC that is properly setup for Remote Desktop Service. Wonderful job, hats off to the Dev team responsible for this tool.
Best Remote Desktop app in the App Store
With the latest update, this is once again the best Remote Desktop app in the App Store. The only thing they could add to make it better is Touch ID authentication.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 23, 2015
- Version: 8.1.15
- Size: 21.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.