Microsoft Remote Desktop
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience a rich Windows experience with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are.
Windows Professional and Windows Server editions are supported. To view the full list of supported Windows versions and successfully connect to a Windows PC, read the FAQ at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473015.aspx
* Access to remote resources through your Remote Desktop Gateway
*Rich multi-touch experience that supports Windows gestures and RemoteFX
* Secure connection to your data and applications
* Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
* Seamless audio and video streaming
* Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations
* Support for Azure RemoteApp
What's New in Version 8.1.10
• Suggest and vote for new features on UserVoice. You can access the forum from the Settings screen.
• Updated the Azure RemoteApp sign-in.
Not bad, but I expected better
I needed to connect to a server that I'm running, and it connected. But I immediately ran in to two problems. First, difficult to right click. It has a right click button on the pull-down keyboard, but on an iPad Mini there's not much screen left if what you need to right click is down towards the bottom -- the keyboard covers it!
Second problem: no underscore! (at least that I could find). When you live in SQL Server, you also live by the underscore. So I guess I'll try Mocha and see if it behaves any better.
I was quite pleased that it connected to my server without issue, that was quite a pleasant surprise.
I like how the special keys shows up when using Bluetooth keyboard.
I have 2 issues
1. Before, the black box that shows the name of the RDP session used to fit to the size of the text which was great because I could give one letter names. But now the size is fixed and has to be constantly moved to see the windows content behind it.
2. Previously, when I hold the mouse and go to the edge of the screen, the mouse used to continue to scroll. But now it doesn't.
If any of these features were taken out because of user requests, then make it as configurable in the settings. Thanks.
Best mobile RDP client
I have used 3 other RDP clients. None are as fast and flexible as Microsoft's. Switch from mouse to touch with a single tap. And it is free and they keep doing enhancements. I can now have more than one RDP session going with my iPad.
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 26, 2015
- Version: 8.1.10
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.