Microsoft Remote Desktop
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience a rich Windows experience with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are.
Windows Professional and Windows Server editions are supported. To view the full list of supported Windows versions and successfully connect to a Windows PC, read the FAQ at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473015.aspx
* Access to remote resources through your Remote Desktop Gateway
*Rich multi-touch experience that supports Windows gestures and RemoteFX
* Secure connection to your data and applications
* Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
* Seamless audio and video streaming
* Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations
* Support for Azure RemoteApp
What's New in Version 8.1.8
• General bug fixes
Great tool for the IT Pro
This is pretty much a portable version of RDP, which is a lifesaver if you do any sort of IT work. Before I installed this app I used to have to go searching for an unoccupied PC to remote in to my workstation if I needed to access certain resources that are not available on my mobile phone, but now I just open this app and voilà - my Windows Desktop right where I'm standing. Sure, it's tiny on an iPhone screen but it's enough to get me out of a bind and saving me precious time, since I no longer have to hunt down an unused machine to log in just to verify a password or unlock a user account. My only gripe is that you can't hide the connection bar at the top of the screen, so it eats into the already tiny viewable area. Minor complaint on an otherwise stellar app.
Great tool but could use a couple of improvements
Overall this is a great app. It works as expected and is similar in experience to the Mac Desktop version. It would be better if you could organize clients into folders for those of us that manage many computers. I would also like it to sync with the Mac Desktop version and my iPhone and iPad through OneDrive or even iCloud.
Excellent! Thank you!
I use this app every day. Works great and only seems to need minimal bandwidth for a seamless connection. Also thanks for the bug fixes! Would be better if there was a control reference inside the app, but that info is easy enough to find on the web. It's great to have two different control schemes.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 01, 2015
- Version: 8.1.8
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.