Microsoft Remote Desktop
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience a rich Windows experience with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are.
Windows Professional and Windows Server editions are supported. To view the full list of supported Windows versions and successfully connect to a Windows PC, read the FAQ at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473015.aspx
* Access to remote resources through your Remote Desktop Gateway
*Rich multi-touch experience that supports Windows gestures and RemoteFX
* Secure connection to your data and applications
* Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
* Seamless audio and video streaming
* Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations
* Support for Azure RemoteApp
What's New in Version 8.1.11
• Support for 64-bit iOS operating system
• Bug fixes
Simple, Solid, Stable
Yea, I think that those three words just about cover it. Especially when I think back on other remote desktop client apps which, to be perfectly honest, were so terrible in terms of performance (and ridiculously complicated to use) that I simply stopped remoting with my iPad for quite some time. The frustration just was simply not worth it.
That is where I believe Microsoft has really shone through on this one: they have kept it extremely simple, all things considered. I find the performance to be perfectly adequate (especially when coupled with Verizon's LTE service on my iPad Air 2). Oh, and lastly, but surely most importantly, thought all of the features it sports may be SIMPLE, every single feature JUST WORKS.
I need not say more. Try using it; you won't regret it.
Stable and simple
Performance is great, even with my dell Inspiron laptop from 2007. Connecting with the host name doesn't work for me on the iOS version for some reason, but it works on the windows phone version. Easy to use, but I wish that even some basic graphic settings could be changed for slower/faster connections.
Plenty Good Enough
With most apps, there is generally something that could be more to your liking, but this has been one of the better RDP apps for me. On occasion, I've had to fall back to a second RDP app, due to unexplained lock ups ( my desktop system was fine, but I couldn't type ), but this is fast, easy enough to use, so it's 4 stars. I use it daily.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Aug 04, 2015
- Version: 8.1.11
- Size: 18.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.