Microsoft Remote Desktop
By Microsoft Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience a rich Windows experience with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are.
Windows Professional and Windows Server editions are supported. To view the full list of supported Windows versions and successfully connect to a Windows PC, read the FAQ at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473015.aspx
Don't know how to configure your PC to access it remotely? Download the RDP assistant on your Windows PC and let it do the work for you: https://aka.ms/rdassistant
* Access to remote resources through your Remote Desktop Gateway
* Rich multi-touch experience that supports Windows gestures and RemoteFX
* Secure connection to your data and applications
* Simple management of all remote connections from the connection center
* Seamless audio and video streaming
* Easy connection to external monitors or projectors for presentations
Have a question? Post it at http://aka.ms/rd-clients-forum
Have an idea? Add to our feature suggestion box in the app (Settings -> Recommend New Features)"
What's New in Version 8.1.38
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Surprisingly smooth and well thought out
Microsoft hasn’t been known in the past for smoothly interoperating with products from other software companies, but their Remote Desktop clients are an exception. Connections are smooth even over LTE and most of the Windows client features and options are available.
There are two input methods: a simple tap-based method which works well for UWP apps, and a cursor-based method that more or less uses your phone screen as a trackpad. The input method can be switched with two taps, and the keyboard can be shown with one tap.
The only thing I would like to see is a way to access certain keyboard keys that aren’t present on iOS, such as arrow keys. You can open the On-screen Keyboard in Windows, but a virtual keyboard being clicked by a virtual mouse being controlled by a touchscreen becomes pretty laborious to get anything done with.
Great tool but no iPhone X resolution support
I use this tool almost daily and it makes administration via mobile easy. The only complaint I have is that the iPhone X has been out for over a month and they still don’t support the devices native resolution all other apps by Microsoft have been updated.
Update for iPad Pro 10.5 and iPhone X
Excellent app I can access my desktop at home from school. It needs to be updated for the new device resolutions though.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Nov 22, 2017
- Version: 8.1.38
- Size: 29.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.