By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Microsoft Translator enables you to translate text or speech, have translated conversations, and even download languages to use offline.
• Speak or type to translate into over 60 languages
• Have real-time translated conversations with two or more people by connecting your devices
• Translate images
• Have two-person real-time conversations on a single device
• Download languages to translate offline
• Hear your translated phrase for you to help you pronounce your translation
• Browse phrasebooks for translations and pronunciation guides for popular phrases
• Look up alternate translations and meanings of a word
• Share your translation with other apps
• Pin your most frequent translations to save for later
• Speak to your Apple watch to get an instant translation
• Automatically sync translations between your phone and Apple watch
Translator supports the following languages: Afrikaans, Arabic, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese (Traditional), Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Fijian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kiswahili, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Quer'etaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tahitian, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, and Yucatec Maya.
Microsoft Translator is powered by cutting-edge technology used by Office, Bing, Skype, Internet Explorer as well as by partners such as Twitter, Yelp, eBay, WeChat and more.
Please note that some features are not available in all languages.
Location Permission: Microsoft only uses your location to show you where conversation occurred. We display this location in your conversation history.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
- Chinese offline translation fix
- Faster app startup and performance improvements
- Device locale language fixes
- Redundant history entries fix
- Conversation feature disconnection fix
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Works well, voice needs help
I checked it with a friend of mine. He says it works perfectly for Spanish. I'm not having much luck with the voice to translate so far, but it could be me.
Great Translation App
Great translation app have used both google and this bing app, this one does much better job at translating docs with use of camera function
Takes forever to load
Literally every time I use this app it has to update and it takes a good 15 seconds. It might not seem like much but literally every time I'm in a situation I need to translate something I'm waiting forever for the app to update
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 17, 2017
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 74.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.