By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Word for iPad was among the App Store Best of 2014 in twelve countries! View, create and edit Word documents for free. **
The real Microsoft Word app designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Now Word documents look better than ever on your tablet and phone. When you edit or create documents, you can be confident they will look exactly how you want across PC, Mac, tablet and phone. Word has the familiar Office look and feel along with an intuitive touch experience, so you’ll be up and running in no time.
The core Word experience is free, including viewing, creating and editing documents. You can unlock the full Word experience with a qualifying Office 365 subscription.
Word documents look beautiful
• Images, tables, charts, SmartArt, footnotes, equations are all there, nicely formatted.
• Word documents look great, just as they do on your Mac or PC.
• On your phone, choose between the real document layout or an easy-to-read layout.
• View email attachments and access Word documents from OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
• Pick up from where you left off because Word knows what you were working on last, no matter what device you were using.
• Print Word documents to an AirPrint printer, with or without markup.
Create and edit with confidence
• When you edit a document, your content and formatting are maintained across all your devices – PC, Mac, tablet and phone.
• Express your ideas exactly the way you want, with rich formatting including fonts, pictures, tables, charts, textboxes, shapes, footnotes, page layout and more.
• Track changes, add comments and work simultaneously with others on the same document.
• Word automatically saves your document, so you can rest assured that you don’t lose all your work while you’re on the go.
• Simply share your work with others by emailing a hyperlink, the file or a PDF.
A familiar Microsoft Office experience
• It’s easy to pick up the app and get started, because it’s like the Word experience you already know.
• The familiar navigation and menu options are built for a touch experience. No keyboard required.
• On your phone, the ribbon is located at the bottom of the screen for easy access.
Sign in with a free Microsoft account to create or edit documents. A qualifying Office 365 subscription is required to unlock the full Office experience, and to access and save documents in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint. Qualifying plans include: Office 365 Personal, Office 365 Home, Office 365 Solo, Office 365 Service, Office 365 University, Office 365 Business, Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Small Business Premium, Office 365 Midsize Business, Office 365 Enterprise E3 and E4, Office 365 Government E3 and E4, Office 365 Education E3 and E4, Office 365 Nonprofit E3, Office 365 ProPlus, Office 365 ProPlus for Students, Office 365 ProPlus for Faculty, Office 365 trial subscriptions.
If you don’t have a subscription, you can buy Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal within the app. With an Office 365 subscription, you get access to all features in Word, Excel and PowerPoint on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and you can install Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote on PCs or Macs.
Office 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your iTunes account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period, unless auto-renew is disabled beforehand. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be disabled by going to your iTunes account settings after purchase. A subscription cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
What's New in Version 1.12
• Change case: quickly change selected text to uppercase, lowercase, sentence case, and more.
• Send with Outlook: send a document as an Outlook email attachment and return to Word.
• Integration with Outlook: edit a document attached to an Outlook email message. When you’re done, the updated document will be attached to a new email message, ready to send.
I am really mad because when I heard office 365 coming out for iPad I stopped using the Apple suite of offices apps Pages, keynote, and numbers. I am really mad is because when that app came out from Microsoft the voice technology was work and when I was done speaking and when I press done to stop the voice technology from listening it appears that Microsoft office say what I just said but on after I turn off the voice technology is just go away and I get really frustrated with this every day because I use this app to get my schoolwork done I think Microsoft showed release eight update right away because I have dyslexia and I need this voice technology to work with our use for school and I think if of their students need needs apps for school thing should just go with apples pages, numbers, and keynote and I hope nobody will never buy this at Intel they fix his problem
For an iPad app it's great
This works like I need it to on the iPad. I use it in conjunction with One Drive and or Drop Box and it works. Some comments about recent docs not updating across computers seem to be correct, but that's no big deal. Go to the doc source and load it, next.
I never expect local docs to update correctly and I'll give iTunes the finger for being a PIA for that issue. Give us access to the file structure and those kinds of complaints will stop.
Sorry, this is a discussion about Word. It works, it edits and some times it's way to easy to out run it typing on an iPad but it works, it edits, it saves. I'm good with it.
I wanted to love the Apple iWork apps - to have them on my Mac, iPad, & iPhone - and I do have them, but I don't love them. The last major update to Pages altered usability- for the worse (your mileage may vary). I've historically avoided MS products for a variety of reasons including philosophical.
I'm still pretty new to Word, but so far it's been such a treat- easy & intuitive - what I expected from Apple has been delivered first class by Microsoft. Apple should take note - claims of supremacy ring hollow when the rhetoric falls short of performance. Until Apple gives me a reason to reconsider - I'm switching to MS apps for my Apple devices.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 12, 2015
- Version: 1.12
- Size: 340 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Personal$6.99
- Office 365 Home$9.99
- Office 365 Home$99.99
- Office 365 Personal$69.99
- Office 365 Personal$6.99
- Office 365 Home$74.99
- Office 365 Home$79.99
- Office 365 Home$94.99