MicroWave - Audio Editor and Recorder
By Minyx Games
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
◉ Create absolutely stunning audio recordings
MicroWave is an indispensable multitool for working with audio. Whenever you need to trim a few seconds off a music file, record your thoughts, split an audio file into many smaller ones, make a voice note, record an internet radio station* or digitize old tapes - MicroWave is there to help. It's a tool as essential as a text editor. And because it's that useful no Mac should miss it.
With MicroWave you will be able to:
• digitize your beloved vinyl records and audio tapes
• record your voice
• record your favorite music from youtube/internet radio stations*
• create engaging interviews
• make great podcasts
• optimize and improve audio quality of those old charming vinyl records of yours
• convert unfamiliar audio files so you can enjoy them on your iPod (ex. ogg/flac to mp3)
• create your own unique and completely custom iPhone ringtones no one else has
• come up with gripping audio effects for your iMovie productions
• record captivating voice-overs for your slide shows
• and much more ...
◉ What our customers say:
"Great Application. Brilliant Support." - Hendrik, Germany
"It is really easy to use, intuitive, quick and the sound quality is really good. No negatives." - Biff, United Kingdom
"A good audio editor, pretty powerful and easy to use" - Luis, Spain
"It did exactly what I wanted it to and only had to look up help once. Great value for money!" - Ned, Australia
"Simple, fast, elegant and right to the point." - Rik, United States
◉ Detailed Feature List:
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multiple documents.
• Persistent marker support with automatic silence detection.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantaneous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo states are saved with the document.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 96khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Supports conversion between all channel layouts, samples rates and bit depths.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB and FireWire Audio Device that is supported by OS X.
• Supports recording from other applications (like browsers, etc) and internet streams*
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Generate Silence
• Silence Selection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
• Dynamics Processor
• High Shelf Filter
• Parametric Equalizer
Supported File Formats (import and export):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless
• Apple Lossless (ALAC) encoded M4A files
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Can import audio tracks from MP4 and Quicktime videos (but can not save video files!)
• Batch export: Splits document into multiple audio files based on markers.
• Supports meta data (ID3 tags, etc) export and import
• Detailed Manual included
• 24 hours support by email
• We're excited about user feedback and feature suggestions :)
* Please note that recording audio from the internet or other applications requires installation of the free 'Soundflower' driver - which doesn't take longer than 5 minutes. Detailed instructions can be found in the included manual.
What's New in Version 1.6.1
- bug fixes and many new features
Really useful for my purposes
I think this is an excellent program for my uses. I want to make voice notes as commentaries on educational slide presentations, for later study in the car or via my smart phone. The product does this very well. I can down-convert the audio clips to lower quality in order to make the files much smaller while still keeping very good voice quality for my purposes. Clipping out pauses, coughs or other spurious material is easy (but could be easier and more efficient with some tweaking of the software). One minor flaw for my purposes is that I can’t pause the recording when I’m looking at a window of another running program (Powerpoint or Adobe PDF). So, if I’m scanning slides I cannot concurrently start and stop the recording. I don’t know if that can even be done due to practical aspects of OS limitations; so, this isn’t really a criticism of the MicroWave software. Just a desirable feature that isn’t there and forms a limitation.
All told, I’m quite happy with the software and will use it a lot.