Middle School Math Planet - Fun math game curriculum for kids
By Playpower Labs, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Math Planet is the world’s most fun math game curriculum!
“So much fun they hardly realize they are doing math!"
- Jodi K., Math Teacher at Fort Cherry Elementary Center
“My students absolutely love this program!”
- Mandy D., Math Teacher at Norwin School District
+ 30+ game levels supporting Common Core State Standards
+ World class Math Fact Fluency System
+ RIGOROUS: builds high-need skills with conceptual learning and fluency
+ Learning Analytic Dashboard to track learning progress
+ Research-based and approved by top educators
Math Planet games have won many prestigious awards, including:
** National STEM Game Competition
** Educational App Grand Challenge
** New York City Department of Education "Gap App" competition
1. Number Sense - Order, Round and Compare Whole Numbers; Round, Order and Compare Decimals; Round, Compare and Order Fractions
2. Place Value - Place Values in Whole Numbers; Place Values in Decimals; Add and Subtract based on Place Values; Multiply and Divide based on Place Values
3. Addition - Fluent Addition; Estimate Sums; Patterns in Addition Table
4. Subtraction - Fluent Subtraction; Estimate Differences
5. Multiplication - Fluent Multiplication; Multiply by multiples of 10 and 100; Patterns in Multiplication Table; Estimate Products
6. Division - Fluent Division; Divide by multiples of 10 and 100; Estimate Quotient
7. Fractions - Fractions as Whole numbers; Equivalent Fractions; Compare Fractions; Order Fractions; Fractions on Number Line; Add and Subtract Fractions; Multiply and Divide Fractions
8. Decimals - Place values in Decimals; Compare Decimals; Round Decimals; Decimals on Number Line; Add and Subtract Decimals
9. Mixed Number - Understand Mixed Numbers; Compare Mixed Numbers with Fractions; Add and Subtract Mixed Numbers
10. Measurement - Read and Write Time using Analog and Digital Clock; Add and Subtract Time; Angle Measurement; Add and Subtract Angles
11. Geometry - Angle Concept, Partitioning Shapes
PERFECT FOR SUMMER
Research from Duke University shows that students lose an average of 2.6 months of grade level equivalency in computational ability over the summer. Math Planet’s fun and addictive math games are the perfect way to battle Math Summer Slide.
DESIGNED BY LEARNING SCIENTISTS
Math Planet was designed by learning scientists at Carnegie Mellon University and has been tested in hundreds of classrooms. Randomized Controlled Trials have proven significant learning outcomes and transfer within individual games.
NEW ADAPTIVE LEARNING
Math Planet is powered by a new generation of adaptive machine learning tools that measurably improve over time. When you play, you learn, our games learn - and we all help advance the science of learning! It's a win-win-win.
We're always listening - so please send your feedback!
+ Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Playpower
+ Twitter: http://www.facebook.com/Playpower
+ Website: http://www.playpowergames.com/
What's New in Version 1.3
-Bubblepop bug fixed
Needs Much Improvement!
Thank you for offering this app for free! Because you were so generous and your math app so enjoyable I bought the full pro version on an excited whim. Unfortunately I should have spent more time exploring this app before hand. The app is of good surface quality. However all of the questions in each level are exactly the same and are placed in exactly the same order every time that the level is played. This gives the app and the $20 pro version that I bought little replay value. I would like to see the option to have the questions randomized and more content added. Better yet I'd like to see the questions randomly generated so that each gameplay experience is different from the previous. If you plan to purchase this app be aware that the content is severely limited for the $20 premium price tag.
Best math game ever 🐶
I love it but do you think you can add more cool characters please. Also can you add more worlds. I just can't wait for more updates.
I love the game. It really helps my child with her studies. But only thing I don't like is that there aren't more games, characters, and worlds. Please update!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 126 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Playpower Labs, LLC
- © Playpower
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.