MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
○ Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
○ Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
○ Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
○ A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
○ Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
○ The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
○ Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
○ Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
○ Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
○ Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
○ Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
○ Save, load and share your layouts and pages
○ Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
○ Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
○ Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
○ Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
○ IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
○ Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
○ Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
○ Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
○ Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
○ Cakewalk: Sonar
○ CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
○ Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
○ Clavia: Nord Lead 4
○ Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
○ Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
○ Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
○ IK Multimedia: Amplitube
○ Jomox: MBase 11
○ Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
○ Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
○ Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
○ Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
○ Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
○ Novation: Bass Station
○ Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
○ Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
○ Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
○ Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
○ Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
○ Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
○ Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
○ A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
○ TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
○ ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
○ Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
○ Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Vids on YouTube: /mididesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
(2.98.1 is a service release. It fixes several pesky bugs in 2.98, some of which might have led to a crashes in Design Mode and while adjusting configuration options.)
MIDI Designer Pro 2 version 2.98 is all about incremental, continuous improvement... and keeping up with changes from Apple. What's new?
• Fix for iPad Pro 11" with new aspect ratio
• Fix loading of presets to include all controls on restore for autosaved values and those included for first layout load
• Fix presets saved with layouts to update
• Reduce autosave down to 10 seconds
• Fix No Connections Shingle on initial load
• Fix WelcomeVC to not show on split and slideover
• Fix image loading and saving to be identical to App Store version
• Fix alpha slider not updating multiline label controls.
• Update for Swift 4.2 and Xcode 10
QUESTIONS: Any questions about MDP2? Hit us up at support [at] mididesigner.com
LOVE: Do you love MDP2? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
HATE: Is there something about MDP2 that just drives you crazy? A feature you need? An angle we’ve missed? An function you lack? Well, the only people who can fix it are waiting to hear from you at support [at] mididesigner.com!
SHOW OFF: Want to show us what YOU’RE doing with MDP2 so we can feature it? Mail us at dan [at] mididesigner.com
STAY INFORMED: Want to keep up with all things MDP2? Sign up for the mailing list at mididesigner.com/signup
Dan and the MIDI Designer Team
See mididesigner.com/changelog for more information.
Ratings and Reviews
I have written an interface for most of my gear with this app. This is the best midi interface app on the i-store, period. I recently dumped all the others off my ipad because they were just sitting there taking up space. I use it as a remote for my DAW, MKS20, Triton and GR55. I use an ipad 2 in an idock 2 and it works every time. I use midi ox to capture sysex on a pc and copy/paste onto a document adding some notes, print and then get busy having fun with it. Coolness!
Best of the Rest
First and Foremost: The developer is a Class Act! Look at the reviews on down the line for this app. Nothing but kudos and rightfully so.
I love this thing. I use it for pretty simple controller tasks and I am totally pleased with it! I have all the other ones...at the end of the day this thing turns out to be the only configurable midi controller I need. It just works without ANY hassle. Keep up the great work and a solid product!
Perfect app for all my MIDI needs
This app can do so much, I use it to control all my guitar pedals with an iPad. There are a host of things I can do with MIDI Designer and the iPad that I cannot do with foot pedal midi controller. There is an active community for the app and a forum where you can download other users creations, which saved me a ton of time as well! I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface of what I can do with MIDI Designer. Excellent product!!!
- Confusion Studios LLC
- 61.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Confusion Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Features Pack $4.99
- Automatic Backups $1.99
- Audeonic Stream Byter Plugin $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.